Mahindra 28 max 2012 engine issues

/ Mahindra 28 max 2012 engine issues #1  

LauraP

Tractor
Mahindra 28 max
Last year I crushed a hydraulic line the dealer picked it up and replaced it. We started mowing and crushed 3 hydraulic lines. The dealer put the stop on the wrong side and repaired it for free. At the end of the summer white smoke was pouring out of the engine, we put oil back and it was still smoking heavily. They picked it up and said it had gas in the engine. All of our tractors use diesel the only place it could have gotten gas was the dealer. They replaced the engine under warranty. We have only run it 40 hrs on the new engine and it is smoking again. I brought it to the dealer thinking it is under warranty. They said since the engine was replaced last year it is considered a part and only has a 30 day warranty. they said the fuel checked ok they are sending off an oil sample and said the radiator looked good. Has anyone had engine issues and shouldn't the new engine be under the power train warranty? Help!

/ Mahindra 28 max 2012 engine issues #2  
Is it loosing power or just smoking? Have any type of smell to the smoke? is it using oil? whats your hyd fluid lever and engine oil level look like?

/ Mahindra 28 max 2012 engine issues
Is it loosing power or just smoking? Have any type of smell to the smoke? is it using oil? whats your hyd fluid lever and engine oil level look like?[/QUOTE
It didn't lose power, it is using oil and I didn't check the hyd fluid. The mechanic did smell the smoke and said its oil.

/ Mahindra 28 max 2012 engine issues #4  
Is it loosing power or just smoking? Have any type of smell to the smoke? is it using oil? whats your hyd fluid lever and engine oil level look like?[/QUOTE
It didn't lose power, it is using oil and I didn't check the hyd fluid. The mechanic did smell the smoke and said its oil.

Likely a bad or a broken piston ring then.