Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #21  
Daves Tractor, I did not imply, certainly did not say do not pay a lender at all...but they often can help as they have a relationship with the dealership again, often. A lender sees both the dealer and the person with the loan as important to their success or should for without either they are out of business.

One big reason I always use credit card for certain purchases is this very reason...has been important at least two business purchases. Only way I got a computer company to honor their on site warranty and another company to honor their contract. Neither had issue putting what they would do in writing, just had issue with not doing it. In both cases the credit card company with copies of the contract provided the motivation for the computer company to honor the on site warranty and the other company to make refund. Never did i not pay the credit card bill.

If a person were not to pay the lender then they are setting themselves up for legal issue there...kt

KThompson,

Reading back on what you said, you are correct. You did not suggest withholding payment. There are some on this board that quickly advise folks to stop making payments if they are having an issue with the tractor/dealer/OEM. But that is not what you said. I think your advice is good.

Just for clarity, I think there can be a time when an OEM or a dealer is so unresponsive and not acting in good faith that one could go to the finance company and ask them to help intervene. A call from a VP at Mahindra Finance to the head of quality at Mahindra USA could light a fire under a service rep, who would then light a fire at the dealership, etc. But I'd have to be nearing the end of my rope to go there. I've found the area service reps to be pretty good at getting customers issues resolved.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #22  
Maybe clutches in tractors have more metal in the friction material and last longer or something.

The clutch in the Fergusons, 8N's and other Fords were the exact same clutch disk that Ford put in their cars from the 1928 Model A thru at least the 1954 Fords.... possibly even later. Same part number throughout almost 30 years.

When I split my Ferguson to overhaul the engine, I took out the clutch disk to replace, and said "That looks like a Model A disk". Compared it to one I had and it was. Research later confirmed it.

If you live in the right area or have things stored in a building that "sweats" inside during periods of high humidity, it can happen.

Oh baby, we have that ok. Tools rust if not cared for.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #23  
DavesTractor, I appreciate your reply and understand. I had rather go the a lender before resorting to the legal field for to me that is the last option.

I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS IN NO WAY BUT KNOW THE PERSON WHO DID THIS

First this was 30 or more years back: He own a pickup with a US company label make overseas. It had issue with the carburetor and had it in the shop on a few occasions for that. The dealership was not getting it taking care of. He took a tobacco sheet is (burlap sheet used with fuel cured tobacco I am totally guessing but say 12' by 12', been years since I handled one) wadded up in the bed of the pickup and soaked it with diesel fuel. He then drove it into the shop area and light himself a cigarette and leaning on the bed of the pickup waited for them to ask why he was there. He went on to tell them to FIX his pickup and they tried to put him off. He said I told them either you fix it NOW or I light the sheet. He did tell me they were able to FIX the carb on that trip. You reckon they had an updated service bulletin? As I said I know him and truly believe he did just that. Today it would have been total different outcome for he may have been shot for the threat but for certainly arrested and again not wise nor proper. kt

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #24  
DavesTractor, I appreciate your reply and understand. I had rather go the a lender before resorting to the legal field for to me that is the last option.

I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS IN NO WAY BUT KNOW THE PERSON WHO DID THIS

First this was 30 or more years back: He own a pickup with a US company label make overseas. It had issue with the carburetor and had it in the shop on a few occasions for that. The dealership was not getting it taking care of. He took a tobacco sheet is (burlap sheet used with fuel cured tobacco I am totally guessing but say 12' by 12', been years since I handled one) wadded up in the bed of the pickup and soaked it with diesel fuel. He then drove it into the shop area and light himself a cigarette and leaning on the bed of the pickup waited for them to ask why he was there. He went on to tell them to FIX his pickup and they tried to put him off. He said I told them either you fix it NOW or I light the sheet. He did tell me they were able to FIX the carb on that trip. You reckon they had an updated service bulletin? As I said I know him and truly believe he did just that. Today it would have been total different outcome for he may have been shot for the threat but for certainly arrested and again not wise nor proper. kt

I knew a guy who painted a big lemon on the side of his car then parked it in on the street in front of the dealership. They were hopping mad but there was nothing they could do as long as he kept pumping nickels into the parking meter. They called the police and all that but the police just laughed and said maybe you should just fix the guys car because we can't do a thing for you. As I recall it was a Chevy Nova or something like that.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #25  
Well, now that we are telling stories....Like KT, I will add the disclaimer that I do not suggest this but it is funny.

I do not know if this is truth or fiction: A guy had an issue with a repair on his car. The dealership was not helping him. So he made an effort over a period of weeks to talk to every single person at the dealership about the issue. Two parts guys, all 3 sales guys, the sales manager, the owner, service manager, service writer, all 5 techs, etc. He got their names, he explained his problem to each of them. Then he filed a small claims court action and subpoenaed every single person at the dealership...including the car washers and janitorial staff I expect. The dealer could shut the place down for half a day, or fix his car. - It may not be true, but it did make me chuckle.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.
I started this thread on 08/16/2016. I finally got the dealer to pick up my tractor on 08/17/2016. I just got my tractor back on 04/30/2017.

I ended up having to pay for parts which included a new clutch and pressure plate and a couple seals. I did not pay for any labor, but the total bill was just shy of $800.

Mahindra would not fix it under warranty even though the tractor had been working just after the dealer "fixed" it the first time at my expense. They claimed it was operator mishandling that caused the issue. That is a bunch of bull.

The NEW mechanic, the one who originally "fixed" my tractor was fired a couple days after this whole situation started, showed me the parts. It looks like the tractor was submerged in water. The pressure plate and the clutch both had water marks over 3/4 of their diameter. I have no standing water on my property and the two little run-off creeks only have a little water in them when it is raining. No way this was the clutch or pressure plate from my tractor. I had heard from a friend that he towed a 3015 out of a pond for this dealer just a couple days before mine broke down. Makes me wonder.

I will no longer recommend Mahindra and especially this dealer to anyone. I WILL go out of my way to spread the word about both of them.

This dealer came highly recommended and has been a dealer for various lines of farm equipment in the area for over 50 years. He lost his old mechanic a couple years ago and has been through a few since then. He complains that quality help is very hard to find. The new mechanic explained to me that the tractor was already apart when he came to work there and these were the parts that were supposedly taken off of it.

The tractor seems to be running and operating properly at the moment. But it should after being in the shop for 7 months.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #27  
Any chance any police reports would show any stolen tractors or reported incidents? You never know.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #28  
A tractor can be split and a clutch replaced in a day. Not 6 months. There is more to this story. Not saying that anything PaPaJack said is not true, but I'd sure like to here from the dealer regarding the hold up.

The dealer may have been in a quandary between OEM and customer where the customer says "I will not pay for this repair" and the OEM says " this is not a defective part and we won't cover it". He doesn't want to split the tractor for free and so he pushes it out back by the fence and waits. Of course if the dealer messed up the first repair, its on him to make that right regardless of the initial cause.

We have an initial problem (stuck clutch) that was not really warranty. We have a second problem when the tractor was returned to the customer and would not shift correctly. That is a big deal and the dealer should never have returned it broken. We have a third situation where the tractor sat for months at the dealership and it seems they replaced the clutch, but we do not know what was done to fix the shifting.

Maybe we do not need to solve this, but it does make one wonder.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #29  
Was the Mahindra DSM for your area involved??

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.
My understanding is that my 3016 was taken apart the day after they brought it in. Sometime shortly thereafter, the dealer got a lot of complaints from other customers concerning repairs that were paid for but not done. During an argument with the two mechanics he had, he fired them both. Then all work stopped for about 6 weeks. He had no contingency plans for firing them. But he still kept bringing in new work from other customers. I was not in a hurry. I had talked to Warranty persons and was assured that it would be covered. With only 149 hours on the meter, they knew it was not worked hard. They also were informed about the first so called repair and the damage that the dealer's people had caused. When I started calling, I kept getting the runaround. Then he would just hang up when I called. I stopped there several times and was told he was ill and wouldn't be in for a couple weeks. That was when I first heard he had no mechanic for 6 weeks and the new guy was about two months behind on repairs. I got to talk to the new mechanic and he promised it would be repaired as soon as he could get to it. It was way down on their list.

I gave the two more months and started calling again. I had serious health issues in the meantime so it was no big inconvenience. Again, though, I started getting a runaround. When I finally got doctors approval to drive, I made a trip up and the mechanic told me that DSM would not cover it because it had been submerged in water. That is a blatant lie. I tried to call him, but have never been able to get him on the phone. He never has returned a single phone call. I finally had to work out a deal with the dealer to pay for parts only. Otherwise, my tractor would still be sitting there and I need it with the weather warming up. This tractor is used in my own yard. I cut grass with it, move sand and gravel around when I need it and use the FEL to haul firewood from the back of my land. That is all that has ever been done with it.

The dealer is an 80 year old man. He is highly regarded in the area. I really think he is losing it. the new mechanic really seems to know his business, but everyone else there seems to be kinfolk that the old ma supports.

I have had my rant. Sorry to bother you folks but it has helped.