Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #1  

Pa Pa Jack

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I ran into a problem in March with my 3016. I had had a heart attack while cutting firewood in November. I managed to get me and the tractor back to the house and got EMS here very quickly. All turned out OK as far as the heart was concerned. BUT, I forgot to lock the clutch in when I got to the house. It was March before I got feeling well enough to do any work. Needless to say, the clutch was frozen to the flywheel.

It took me over a month to get the dealer to pick up the tractor. I really didn't think he wanted to be bothered. I do not have another dealer anywhere in the area.

He called me about 2 weeks later and said it was ready. They delivered it that afternoon. Problem is, it didn't have any first gear left. Not in high range or low range. And, I can barely get it to go into forward or reverse.

I called the dealer and he said it was like that when he got it in the shop. I know that's bull because I drove it onto the trailer when they picked it up. I asked how they got the clutch free. It was obvious that they had not broken the tractor to free it up manually. He denied that they had snatched it with another piece of equipment but that is the only logical way to free up the clutch.

Now I have been trying to get Mahindra to get involved but nobody seems to know who to talk to. I keep getting bounced around from one secretary to another. I call their toll free number listed in the manual, but all I ever get is a voice mail recording. No returned calls so far.

Now the dealer won't even answer the phone when I call. His secretary has answered a time or two, but she says she cannot do anything and will get back to me. Yeah, Right.

Anyone have any suggestions. The tractor is almost useless in it's condition at the moment.

Jack Terpack

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #2  
I would state the problem in writing with the solution you want and certified mail, return receipt requested send it to the appropriate parties. That's assuming it's under warranty and you want to tackle it yourself. That's the Plan B choice.

Plan A is to get a sharp, young lawyer involved and let him do it. You will save money and aggravation in the long run and get it resolved sooner. Fighting it on your own you will lose.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #3  
sounds like the dealer sucks and i too have dealt with a ****** ******* dealer - extremely unknowledgeable too. just sold to make some money.

also the time or two i contacted mahindra it was a joke. and the regional rep was absolutely a con artist. loser.

but i have to say I do like my mahindra and the dealer that i found a longer way away has been good and seem ethical and helped get a thing covered under warranty they said they did not have to - other issue was a warranty front wheel seal leak.

would i buy it again - so far - yes. i am done with green and the orange - dealer and the models i was interested in seem to be a joke.

:))) for what it is worth!!!

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #4  
Those warranties always make you feel good when you buy but it seem that many repairs end up not being covered for one reason or another.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.
I had this tractor for 2 days when a loud bang came from the front end. I was just traveling to the back forty to pick up a load of firewood I had cut the day before. Suddenly the tractor would not move. I called the dealer and he had someone there in 30 minutes to take it to the shop. Turned out a pinion gear had lost about 4 teeth. They had it fixed in two days.

No other issues except the cheap positive cable to the battery corroded away in about 9 months. Now I worry though because I have had routine service done three times in the last four years. Wonder if anything actually got checked.

A person from the dealership just called, while I was typing this. It is someone I have never talked to before and he seemed to be intelligent, for a change. He said he would have someone out here today or tomorrow to take it back to the shop. He also stated that the person that worked on my tractor was no longer working there. I can't wait to see what the think they are going to charge me. I will get a lawyer involved if they try to get me to pay for their fubar.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #6  
What a coincidence the dealer calls on the exact same day you posted this thread, your dissatisfaction was discussed and talk of a lawyer was mentioned. Suppose they read this site and figure to cut off an enveloping problem at the pass?

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks.
It would not surprise me. Nothing surprises me any more. Just when I think I've got something figured out, it implodes.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #8  
I ran into a problem in March with my 3016. I had had a heart attack while cutting firewood in November. I managed to get me and the tractor back to the house and got EMS here very quickly. All turned out OK as far as the heart was concerned. BUT, I forgot to lock the clutch in when I got to the house. It was March before I got feeling well enough to do any work. Needless to say, the clutch was frozen to the flywheel. It took me over a month to get the dealer to pick up the tractor. I really didn't think he wanted to be bothered. I do not have another dealer anywhere in the area. He called me about 2 weeks later and said it was ready. They delivered it that afternoon. Problem is, it didn't have any first gear left. Not in high range or low range. And, I can barely get it to go into forward or reverse. I called the dealer and he said it was like that when he got it in the shop. I know that's bull because I drove it onto the trailer when they picked it up. I asked how they got the clutch free. It was obvious that they had not broken the tractor to free it up manually. He denied that they had snatched it with another piece of equipment but that is the only logical way to free up the clutch. Now I have been trying to get Mahindra to get involved but nobody seems to know who to talk to. I keep getting bounced around from one secretary to another. I call their toll free number listed in the manual, but all I ever get is a voice mail recording. No returned calls so far. Now the dealer won't even answer the phone when I call. His secretary has answered a time or two, but she says she cannot do anything and will get back to me. Yeah, Right. Anyone have any suggestions. The tractor is almost useless in it's condition at the moment. Jack Terpack

Document everything.

Keep a phone log, dates time who you talked to. Send mail registered with receipt requested. If all else fails contact a lawyer.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #9  
I ran into a problem in March with my 3016. I had had a heart attack while cutting firewood in November. I managed to get me and the tractor back to the house and got EMS here very quickly. All turned out OK as far as the heart was concerned. BUT, I forgot to lock the clutch in when I got to the house. It was March before I got feeling well enough to do any work. Needless to say, the clutch was frozen to the flywheel.

It took me over a month to get the dealer to pick up the tractor. I really didn't think he wanted to be bothered. I do not have another dealer anywhere in the area.

He called me about 2 weeks later and said it was ready. They delivered it that afternoon. Problem is, it didn't have any first gear left. Not in high range or low range. And, I can barely get it to go into forward or reverse.

I called the dealer and he said it was like that when he got it in the shop. I know that's bull because I drove it onto the trailer when they picked it up. I asked how they got the clutch free. It was obvious that they had not broken the tractor to free it up manually. He denied that they had snatched it with another piece of equipment but that is the only logical way to free up the clutch.

Now I have been trying to get Mahindra to get involved but nobody seems to know who to talk to. I keep getting bounced around from one secretary to another. I call their toll free number listed in the manual, but all I ever get is a voice mail recording. No returned calls so far.

Now the dealer won't even answer the phone when I call. His secretary has answered a time or two, but she says she cannot do anything and will get back to me. Yeah, Right.

Anyone have any suggestions. The tractor is almost useless in it's condition at the moment.

Jack Terpack

This is the reason I always advise people to shop for the dealer at least as carefully as for the tractor itself. The dealer can make or break the whole deal. If you get bad vibes from a dealer when shopping for a tractor, move on and shop elsewhere even if it means buying another brand.

/ Mahindra Service on Warranty Sucks. #10  
This is the reason I always advise people to shop for the dealer at least as carefully as for the tractor itself. The dealer can make or break the whole deal. If you get bad vibes from a dealer when shopping for a tractor, move on and shop elsewhere even if it means buying another brand.

:thumbsup: