2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #1  

melroebobcat

Bronze Member
Tractor
BOBCAT
20160901_080112.jpg20160901_080112.jpg
20160831_154122.jpg20160901_080112.jpg

Had a outer bearing failure on 2555, shaft bearing and other components have to be replaced pictures attached. anyone heard of this happening at 75 hours?

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #2  
   / 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #3  
I agree thats way to soon for that kind of failure.Ive worked on a bunch of tractors that lived very rough lifes with very little maintainance and have not seen something like that.

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #4  
I agree thats way to soon for that kind of failure.Ive worked on a bunch of tractors that lived very rough lifes with very little maintainance and have not seen something like that.

Sounds like a warranty claim to me.

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #5  
yep thats what a warranty is for... Even the big names have it happen occasionally. Lost a $20,000 turbo on a caseih after less than 1000 hrs. covered under warranty.

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #6  
That's not many hours for that kind of a failure. I'm beginning to wonder about the TYM made stuff.

I have not seen any real problems with the TYM machines. The Mahindra ones have had EGR problems. But this problem appears to the first that I have seen.

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans
yeah exactly, this tractor just needed the update and then as soon as I got done test driving it for 4 mins 30 seconds it gave out after tractor was shut off... it went from a drip every few seconds to complete loss of oil in between front-center case. it had no leak ... our shop foreman was about to shut it off and I insisted on test driving very briefly as usual. and it so happen to give out luckily before we returned the machine to the customer 1HR and 10Mins away. All parts + the case $1650 actual cost to Mahindra maybe $1000. 20 hour job

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans #8  
yeah exactly, this tractor just needed the update and then as soon as I got done test driving it for 4 mins 30 seconds it gave out after tractor was shut off... it went from a drip every few seconds to complete loss of oil in between front-center case. it had no leak ... our shop foreman was about to shut it off and I insisted on test driving very briefly as usual. and it so happen to give out luckily before we returned the machine to the customer 1HR and 10Mins away. All parts + the case $1650 actual cost to Mahindra maybe $1000. 20 hour job

At least it will get taken care of before the customer has to deal with it. Unlike some poor souls. Wow 20 hours work for a 2 dollar seal. Kinda glad now that my machine was a Mitsu build.

/ 2555 INPUT SEAL/ BEARING FAILURE gear trans
I will say This!

Mahindra Stands behind there tractors. Never had an issue with warranty approval. The 2555 tier 4 model was a little before its time. All the kinks have been worked out. I recommend buying a HST Over Gear For sure. I will post some pictures of rebuild for those who are interested. ALso ill post picture of all parts that have to be replaced with a mid case overheat.