Emax 22hst

/ Emax 22hst #1  

gtmahindra

Tractor
emax 22hst
I posted something about this before. My tractor pops the PTO 7.5amp fuse. I sent it to the dealer and they didn't find anything. Just replaced the fuse. Used it for around 3weeks but now without turning the PTO on the fuse pops. I avoid using the brake since from what I can see on the diagram they are connected? Any idea what I should be looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Emax 22hst #2  
Hello gtmahindra,

My dad had the same problem with his eMax 25 HST. First the dealer replaced the fuse. It worked for a bit then it blew the same fuse two more times. He had the dealer pick it up again. The dealer replaced the entire wiring harness for the tractor. I did not get to see the location personally, but the PTO shaft had wore through the harness and into the wiring. It was causing a short (if I remember correctly) and causing that particular 7.5 amp to blow. Our dealer had the same thing happen to another eMax tractor. When the dealer replaced the wiring harness on the eMax they tried to make sure that the same thing would not happen again. I think they may have rerouted the wiring harness in the tractor somehow. Like I say I did not get to see it in person. While the eMax was being repaired my dad decided to trade the eMax in and get a Max 26 XL instead. The eMax was sold in less than a weeks time, and last I heard the new owner was pretty happy with it. I hope this may help some.

/ Emax 22hst
Hello gtmahindra,

My dad had the same problem with his eMax 25 HST. First the dealer replaced the fuse. It worked for a bit then it blew the same fuse two more times. He had the dealer pick it up again. The dealer replaced the entire wiring harness for the tractor. I did not get to see the location personally, but the PTO shaft had wore through the harness and into the wiring. It was causing a short (if I remember correctly) and causing that particular 7.5 amp to blow. Our dealer had the same thing happen to another eMax tractor. When the dealer replaced the wiring harness on the eMax they tried to make sure that the same thing would not happen again. I think they may have rerouted the wiring harness in the tractor somehow. Like I say I did not get to see it in person. While the eMax was being repaired my dad decided to trade the eMax in and get a Max 26 XL instead. The eMax was sold in less than a weeks time, and last I heard the new owner was pretty happy with it. I hope this may help some.

thanks. I will remove the mower deck and check the harness. I am sure there were engineers that thought this was a good idea with all the relays and safety switches but I miss the old mechanical systems.Thank you again

/ Emax 22hst
thanks. I will remove the mower deck and check the harness. I am sure there were engineers that thought this was a good idea with all the relays and safety switches but I miss the old mechanical systems.Thank you again

Thanks for the additional info. I pulled the mower deck and it didn't look like any of the wiring was damaged or even chafed. I think it has something to do with one of the relays since it pops the fuse without the pto being engaged, but of course not all the time, which makes it tough to find. I will keep you posted, thanks again

/ Emax 22hst #5  
Thanks for the additional info. I pulled the mower deck and it didn't look like any of the wiring was damaged or even chafed. I think it has something to do with one of the relays since it pops the fuse without the pto being engaged, but of course not all the time, which makes it tough to find. I will keep you posted, thanks again
Unless it's way under rated for the load, blowing fuses is typically an indication of bad or faulty (i.e. shorted wiring) somewhere.

/ Emax 22hst
Unless it's way under rated for the load, blowing fuses is typically an indication of bad or faulty (i.e. shorted wiring) somewhere.
I figured there has to be a short somewhere but since it is inter!intent the question is where. I have a wiring diagram but that seems to be of no help. Where is the relay for the PTO located and what else is on that circuit. It seems everything else is working.

/ Emax 22hst #7  
I figured there has to be a short somewhere but since it is inter!intent the question is where. I have a wiring diagram but that seems to be of no help. Where is the relay for the PTO located and what else is on that circuit. It seems everything else is working.

Best way to find something like this is to start at one end or the other and trace the wiring by hand until you find where the wire is either pinched or chaffed.

/ Emax 22hst
Best way to find something like this is to start at one end or the other and trace the wiring by hand until you find where the wire is either pinched or chaffed.
Here is the update. Where the front harness connects to the rear harness just before the plug, there is no wire loom. From the shaking of the machine in general it wore through the wiring at the frame and caused the short. When the key is turned on or off there is a split second when power is applied to the dash and all the components. Didn't realise this at first but it does. There needs to be some insulation at the plugs,harness when it rubs the frame. Check your tractors before it wears through. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciated it

/ Emax 22hst #9  
Here is the update. Where the front harness connects to the rear harness just before the plug, there is no wire loom. From the shaking of the machine in general it wore through the wiring at the frame and caused the short. When the key is turned on or off there is a split second when power is applied to the dash and all the components. Didn't realise this at first but it does. There needs to be some insulation at the plugs,harness when it rubs the frame. Check your tractors before it wears through. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciated it

I figured it'd be something like that. It usually is. Cars, trucks, airplanes, tractors etc. all the same. If it moves, look for chaffed wiring.

/ Emax 22hst #10  
gtmahindra,

I'm glad you found the problem area on your tractor. I didn't what else I could contribute to help you solve your problem.

Question for you gtmahindra: Was it the wiring above the harness plug(s) {which would be above the area shown in this picture) that was wore though?

IMG_0184 - eMax - underframe pic rotated.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 278
Last edited: