What antifreeze do I use.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #11  
In the for what it's worth category...
My New Holland Workmaster 50 utilizes an EGR Valve and Catalytic Converter...
The owners manual calls for Ethylene Glycol...
I've got to look and see but I don't recall the addition of SCA's to that information...
It looks green to me...
I don't know the specific differences between the mRCDE engines in the Mahindra non DPF engines and the FPT Workmaster non DPF engines...
I would assume that they are the same...

/ What antifreeze do I use. #12  
HOAT'S, OAT'S, SCA'S, IDK?

/ What antifreeze do I use. #13  
All my vehicles, especially diesel vehicles, have CAT EC-1 rated ELC coolant.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #14  
I would like someone like Dave from Dave's Tractors or "Mahindra Don" to tell me exactly what the "factory fill" is for a mrcde engine. Not just what class or color. Exactly what is used and is to be used. The service manual just says low silicate. Are they talking HOAT, OAT, Eurospec HOAT, etc... Much detail is needed. Aisian antifreeze is always low silicate, but when you go to buy the products often mentioned; they don't give much specs. I don't go by what the parts guy says is right after he scratches his head. I don't go for what the dealer who works on many brands and ages of tractors when he says: "this is what we use in everything". That just doesn;'t cut it. You won't know a problem until you have very expensive problems.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #15  
Dave, Don are you reading this?

/ What antifreeze do I use.
yeah im like you. i would like for them to break it down for us.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #17  
HOAT'S, OAT'S, SCA'S, IDK?

Problem. History. Present solution.

Cavitation corrosion in wet-sleeve diesels is an old problem. SCA/DCA were older classes of chemicals that were added to basic antifreeze to control and solve cavitation corrosion problems - they get depleted, and need to be replaced. My road going diesel has a coolant filter - you can buy filters from Fleetguard loaded with SCA/DCA, or you can add it manually. Test strips are available to analyze SCA/DCA.

Modern organic acid coolants were developed to provide long-life, and control cavitation corrosion directly.

While there are some nuances to Organic Acid coolants that I still need to understand better, the bottom line is simple:

If you have a diesel at risk for cavitatation corrosion, most of the modern fleet organic acid long life variants provide way more protection out of the bottle, than pouring in 1960's era gasoline engine coolant and neglecting to add SCA/DCA.

Best place to start is understanding a clearly communicated Manufacturer Spec.

IDK may be just I Don't Know. (?).

Rgds, D.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #18  
Clearly Communicating proprietary formulations by chemical manufacturers is a rare event. We never get to talk to the people who know aluminum, gasket, hose, brass, solder, brazed plate heat exchanger (used in oil coolers), sleeve cavitation, protection depletion, product interaction, egr cooler destruction, precipitation, gelling,etc...
I have a 743 Bobcat that I lovingly rebuilt. Always used their hydraulic fluid. They did not inform the public that they took compounds out that protect your reduction gear and wheel seals. Still they say don't use Gl-90 in the chain case because it wil eat brass. Since they took out the protectants out of their product, I put in a 50% mixture GL-90 and I will replace my brake pucks easily when they wear out (which they haven't). The price of ten gallons of their stuff is 160 bucks. Just another case of a manufacturer's mindeset of programmed obselescense at our expense. Just another example of denying the customer crucial information and good advice.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #19  
I have a 2538 and my manual does not give any specs for what type of antifreeze to use. It just says to use at least a 50% ratio of antifreeze. That don't help much. I know it has a wet sleeve engine even though the book says dry cylinder sleeve, everything on the internet says the Mcrd engines are wet sleeve. so what antifreeze would you use in this tractor.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #20  
I have a 2538 and my manual does not give any specs for what type of antifreeze to use. It just says to use at least a 50% ratio of antifreeze. That don't help much. I know it has a wet sleeve engine even though the book says dry cylinder sleeve, everything on the internet says the Mcrd engines are wet sleeve. so what antifreeze would you use in this tractor.

I used Delo last time around. Time moves on.... more than one flavour of Delo ELC exists now.

Coolants/Antifreezes | Chevron Lubricants

Looks like the main issue is nitrites. CAT EC-1 appears to spec nitrites, other manufacturers don't want it.

The nitrite requirement with certain OEMs may be for specific corrosion protection requirements. I don't know enough about nitrite performance to publicly guess on the downside of having it present, but not needing it.

Somebody needs to beat some answers out of Mahindra. Releasing equipment to the market w/o critical fluid specs available is at best, negligent. IMO.

Somewhere within Chevron (or Shell, CAT.....) there will be a database of what equipment specs what. Might be worth an email to these chemical producers - I'd start by saying Mahindra won't supply the info.

Rgds, D.