What antifreeze do I use.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #1  

Goreef

Tractor
mahindra 6530 4x4 2013 .Bought at J5. Great dealer,i would highly recommend
I have a 6530 and all of the recommended coolants in the manual are not available here in central Texas. I have looked in the stores but all of the heavy duty diesel coolants are some other color than green. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #2  
I have a 6530 and all of the recommended coolants in the manual are not available here in central Texas. I have looked in the stores but all of the heavy duty diesel coolants are some other color than green. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Green is about the most common antifreeze out there so I can't imagine youre not being able to find it. Not that it's the best just the most common. If you change types be sure to flush out the old stuff well.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #3  
What is your coolant spec, as listed in the manual ? What does your dealer stock ?

Don't confuse colour with functionality. Green up here is old-school 2 year 50,000 mile (road vehicles obviously) regular antifreeze - if you use that in a diesel that requires cavitation corrosion protection, you will shorten its life.

Unless Mahindra has some very unique requirements, I'd be surprised if any of the modern Extended Life Coolants (ex. Rotella, Delo, CAT) that are diesel rated would be a bad choice, regardless of colour.

To be clear though, I know nothing about Mahindra's specific coolant specs....

Rgds, D.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #4  
I ATTACHED ALL THE COOLING INFO I COULD FIND, I KNOW IN ALL OTHER TRACTORS I HAVE LOOKED UP ITS E.G COOLANT (GREEN) :)

Capture.JPG

coolant 3.JPG

coolant 2.JPG

/ What antifreeze do I use. #5  
Use Tractor supply "Fleet Guard". It has the SCA pre-charge in it. Silicone control is needed in diesel engines. Regular antifreeze will work but is not the best in the long run. You only change this out every couple of years so it does not make sense to just buy the generic antifreeze to save $15 or$20 bucks.

/ What antifreeze do I use. #6  
Make very, very sure what you are putting in is exactly right for your tractor!!!! There are several types of engines mahindra has used. The most sensitive will be the mRCDE engines in the 40 and 50 hP tier 4 engines. This engine cannot use the old green at all. It has silicates for corrosion protection. Silicates will pull pinholes in a wet sleeve engine. Silicates will precipitate and glaze (insulate) the surfaces on the egr cooler, which will send it into permanent limp mode requiring replacement egr cooler and egr radiator etc... HOAT comes in different types. It may be greenish, yellow orange and maybe even blue. Besides the different colors, some use phosphates, nitrates or other chemicals in addition to the organic acid agents which themselves come in different formulas. Some organic acids (especially the three that are in DexCool{Pink}) will destroy plastic or silicone components of gaskets if not compatible.
So, be very careful not to use the wrong one. The wrong choice (consider too that your dealer might not even use the right one if he sells different brands and only uses one coolant for all brands of tractors and brands of engines found within brands of tractors) could require a complete engine rebuild in a short time. The shock wave(bang) on the cylinder sleves causes silicates (WHICH IS IN ALL TAP WATER TOO) and phosphates that stuck to the out side of the sleeve to vibrate at a force which will propel the scale off. Sounds great, but it pulls metal with it and makes pits that go all the way through the wall in no time!
So, If they require HOAT, not all hoat's are safe. If they require OAT, not all OAT's are safe. Ask many questions and don't just depend on the counter guy who says "this one is universal".

/ What antifreeze do I use.
I looked at some of that while i was there but when i saw that the color was a pinkish purple i thought it wouldnt work because i have the green stuff in it now

/ What antifreeze do I use.
Thanks for the reply. im going to see if my dealer sells a mahindra brand coolant so i know im putting the right stuff in

/ What antifreeze do I use. #10  
Welcome aboard, I also purchased from J5 and have been very pleased also. You will see their posts here. Look for "Navasot".