New Mahindra Owner

/ New Mahindra Owner #1  
Tractor
Mahindra
Hey everyone.

I recently purchased a new Mahindra eMax25S and so far it has proven to be a capable machine.

I don't believe English was the first language for the person that wrote the manual. In fact, I'm not sure English was the second or third language for that person!

So, what's the correct weight oil for the 25hp engine in that tractor?

/ New Mahindra Owner #2  
Hey everyone.

I recently purchased a new Mahindra eMax25S and so far it has proven to be a capable machine.

I don't believe English was the first language for the person that wrote the manual. In fact, I'm not sure English was the second or third language for that person!

We use 15-40 diesel rated like Delo 400 or Shell Rotella, or the Mahindra branded oil.

Same guy that did the manuals must do the safety decals. Some of the decals on tractors are almost humorous...and they used to be worse. One decal warning of rollover said "tractor can become easily upset". I had a gal tell me, I don't want to buy a moody sensitive tractor!

/ New Mahindra Owner #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Daves Tractor has set you right. And yes, although English is the official language of India it's because it's the compromise language for so many people. Mind you, you'll probably scratch your head at a fair number of words & expressions that I would normally use. :)

Enjoy the site.

/ New Mahindra Owner
As near as I could tell, 15W-40 was my best bet and I was leaning towards Rotella based on my experience with it.

So, while we're on the topic of owner's manuals that speak of "tractors easily upset", Can you shed some light on the glow plug operation?

I think you are supposed to turn the key to the left until the light comes on and then turn the key to the right (but not fully to the start position) until the glow plug light goes out? Is that even close?
It seems to work but I'd like to sort it out before it gets cold.

/ New Mahindra Owner #5  
I usually turn the key to right just before stop and the light will come on. I wait until the light goes out and start it up. If it's cold out like below freezing I'll do that and then turn the key far left and recycle the glow plugs. I find the emax doesn't like to start easily when it's cold. It will light but it coughs and spits for a bit before it gets going. The second cycling of the plugs does help though.

/ New Mahindra Owner
So turning the key to the right (to the "run" position) but not fully to the start position, activates the glow plugs on a cold engine. Turning the key to the left recycles the glow plugs if needed?

/ New Mahindra Owner #7  
So turning the key to the right (to the "run" position) but not fully to the start position, activates the glow plugs on a cold engine. Turning the key to the left recycles the glow plugs if needed?

That is my suggestion as well.

/ New Mahindra Owner
If they had simply written that in the manual it would have been a lot easier!

Thanks to all !!

/ New Mahindra Owner #9  
Hey everyone.

Yeah you've noticed that too. LOL Mahindra manuals really do suck. Don't bother buying a service manual because it's crap too and not worth paying good money for.

As far as oil it depends a lot of climate but I use a good quality synthetic multi viscosity oil in mine. Valvoline 5W-40 full synthetic, a premium grade diesel lubricant to exceeds specs for almost any diesel engine on the planet. Valvoline™ Premium Blue Extreme™ Diesel Engine Oil: Heavy Duty Products - Valvoline(R)

/ New Mahindra Owner #10  
so - seen this written here before - but i do not recall it mentioned in the manual max25 hst - so if you glow plug to the right and not start you have to turn it to the left to recycle the glow plugs? explain please/ why cannot you just turn to the right to start the glow plugs again? what am i missing?

thanks guys.