Oil & Fuel Oil Filter

/ Oil Filter #1  
Tractor
Mahindra
Does anyone know the non-Mahindra part number (such as NAPA, Fram, STP, etc. ) for the oil filter on a eMax25S ?

/ Oil Filter #2  
Pick the brand you want to use and cross reference it.

/ Oil Filter
No kidding, thanks

The question is, "Do you know what that cross reference part number is?"

/ Oil Filter
t looks like the Mobile 1 filter that cross references to the WIX filter for that engine is the Mobile 1: M1-110

Does anyone have experience with that filter?

/ Oil Filter #5  
I have been using the WIX filters with my IH tractor for 20 years,,
I am happy,, most users of WIX are happy.
Why not use WIX??

/ Oil Filter
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
The Mobile One M1-110 cross references to the WIX 51358 per the book supplied by the parts store. I noted the difference as well (the WIX 51536 but when I crossed it from the other direction (starting with the M1-110), using the same book, I got the WIX 51536 ?

I'm thinking the 51358 and the 51356 may be the same filter.

The M1-110 is clearly the same in terms of thread size & type, gasket diameter and anti-drainback operation. Don't know about the by-pass rating.

Edit
* I just used the look-up provided by George 2615.
The WIX 51356 is shorter over-all than the 51358, other than that they appear to be the same filter. The 31536 is probably made for applications with limited clearance.

/ Oil Filter #8  
general thought * better to use oem filters because often times its a better filter for possibly less then the price of a different brand . But I understand your reasoning

/ Oil Filter #9  
general thought * better to use oem filters because often times its a better filter for possibly less then the price of a different brand . But I understand your reasoning
OEM filters and other brands are all made by just a few filter makers. Motorcraft has mostly been made by Purolator, Mopar by Purolator, Wix and Champion Labs, NAPA by Wix, Champion Labs makes Mobil-1, Royal Purple, Lubrifiner, and at one time, non-German Bosch. Today non-Germon Bosch is made by Purolator, IIRC. Japanese car and motorcycle filters are made by companies like Denso, Filtech, Fram, and Toyo Roki in various places like Malaysia and China. According to the model, many of them have cardboard end caps like Fram is famous for and some are Frams. In other words, high end aftermarket like Napa Gold (Wix), Purolator Pure One, Fleetguard, Baldwin, etc. are usually better filters and usually as cheap or cheaper than OEM.

Last edited:
   / Oil Filter

It's a filter.
There's nothing magical about printing "Mahindra", "Honda", "Ford", or whatever - on it.
Some filters are a bit better than others but there aren't many huge differences. It needs to fit, not leak, maybe have a drain back feature or not, filter oil without being too restrictive and have some type of by-pass feature. It aint Rocket Science.

We used to put STP filters on engines that had low pressure because they were the least restrictive brand. [at least they were back in the day].
I've used a lot of NAPA filters because the WIX filters have a good track record and are reasonably priced.

You're going to throw the **** thing away when you're done with it ! It only has to work from one oil change to the next.