Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #1  

Goreef

Tractor
mahindra 6530 4x4 2013 .Bought at J5. Great dealer,i would highly recommend
Im not real familiar with Mahindras smaller tractors and was just wanting info , good or bad about this new model. I have a 6530 and it is an absolute beast and i have been very happy with it (since original problem from factory was fixed)

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #2  
I have the 3016 which is the same machine as the 1526...just renumbered. It is a tough machine, exceptionally well made by Mitsubishi for Mahindra.

About everyone here agrees that the Mitsubishi made machines are the upper level of quality in the Mahindra line.

My machine is tough, dependable, well made and has been flawless in the 2 years I've had it. It starts the same at below zero temps as well as at 80 degrees. It's specs, lift capacity, etc are as good as you can find for a machine in it's size category.

For a while, before they released the 1526, the 3016 was not available, and people were searching all over the Country for them, willing to pay premiums a to find one somewhere. They are liked that much.

If you do decide to get one, get the tires filled before you bring it home.

You will be very happy if you get one.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model.
Thanks for taking time to give me some real world experience with this tractor. I have made up my mind to go ahead with the 1526 but am undecided as to hst or gear drive. I have read that some people love the hst while others say they are weak and problematic. What was it that made you go with the hst?

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #4  
I drove a gear machine for almost 25 years, then drove my brother's HST machine. Moving snow and using the loader was so much easier. I've used it for placing/removing engines from cars. It is so much easier to use in the woods and in close quarters. Precise movements are very easy. I've had my 3016 for 2 years now and would never go back to gears. Btw, it has plenty of power for a machine of its size.

Problematic? The Mitsubishi made hydro is just about flawless over the many years that it has been made.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #5  
I have 30 hours on my 1526 hst. So far about the only thing I dont like is the hydraulic hoses running thru the loader arm.
I run a 5ft mahindra rototiller in heavy clay, plenty of power.
.Loader will pick up a bucket full of rocks with no problem, I also pushed one that doesn't fit in the bucket.
The precise control of the hst was the only way to go for me, I don't have a lot of open space, or straight line work.
The owners manual is much better than some of the other mahindra stuff too.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #6  
Thanks for taking time to give me some real world experience with this tractor. I have made up my mind to go ahead with the 1526 but am undecided as to hst or gear drive. I have read that some people love the hst while others say they are weak and problematic. What was it that made you go with the hst?

First off the Mechanical shuttle is sweet. Beats the old crash box gears. Those would make me want an HST.
If your doing what Pilgrim is doing, get the HST.

I only have about 7 acres cleared and bit less than a mile of "Roads" and trails on my place, but I road a lot carrying stuff to neighbors and we have some moderate hills. I shift on the fly, seldom crunch gears. The shuttle cruises along faster at a lower RPM and no HST whine which drives me crazy. I wish there was a button to put a shuttle in HST mode. I'm waiting to see if they put CVT's in small tractors.

Try both before you buy!

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #7  

I think the HST or gear choice depends a lot on how it's implemented and what you need to do with the machine. I test drove a 1538 HST with a rocker pedal and could not stand it due to the awkward position of that I had to hold my leg in. ON the advice of my dealer and others because I have a lot of sloping terrain, I bought a 1538 shuttle and so far am happy with it. I think the 2500 series uses a two pedal setup which may be easier to use and not as awkward as the rocker setup. I think the main thing is what you're going to be doing with it. If there is a lot of back and forth work to do then an HST may be the ticket, if not and you have hilly terrain a gear machine may be best. You lose a little PTO power for the HST but not enough to bother with, maybe 1 or 2 horse power over the same model with gears. I think it's mostly a matter of personal preference. A shuttle also costs a little less than an HST but not much compared to the total cost, typically about a grand or so. As Mike said, drive both or even the three flavors before you buy, that way you'll know what you like best as I did.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #8  
I looked at the 1526 thought they were very nice machines. But wanted an HST model and was afraid it would not be enough HP to run 5' implements so I chose a 2538. I may wish I had saved a few dollars and got the 1526. I believe if you think it is enough HP it is a great machine.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #9  
You did ok, both are good machines although I think it would handle the cutter ok.

Enjoy your toy!

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #10  
I have a 1526 HST with the loader and the 7ft belly mower. Had 2 hydraulic leaks that were covered under warranty. It will pull a 7ft box blade, as I used it to grade a new addition to the lawn. The tractor is heavy enough for an hinged 6ft offset flail mower. Has been a great machine this far, no other problems.