Did your gauges stop working???? Not really.

/ Did your gauges stop working???? Not really. #1  

Ruark

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4025
The last few years I've wondered why the gauges on my 2012 4025 stopped working.... sometimes. It turns out they work fine. The problem is that if it's not run in a while, the plastic gauge needle "sticks" to the post. It's something about the type of plastic they use. I took off the panel and carefully scraped the black paint off the posts, and put some silicone spray there where they touch, and bingo, problem solved.

A couple of years later, the lubricant had dried out and they were sticking again. Now I have a medium sized rubber dead-blow hammer, and when they're sticking, I just thump it a couple of times and they come loose.

I wonder how much money Mahindra has spent replacing instrument panels that "weren't working."

/ Did your gauges stop working???? Not really. #2  
They probably haven't replaced many panels. Their mechanic does the same thing you did. He taps on the panel and they start working again. It is possible that you may have a loose or corroded connection in the wiring harness under the dash and when you tap it the connection comes back. Next time it does it check any harnesses that unplug and look for corrosion or rust.