Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #1  

pen411

Tractor
Mahindra eMax 25 HST
So, my local dealer which is 2 miles away has either dropped (or being dropped by) Mahindra as a dealer and warranty center.
Closest Mahindra dealer will be 60+ miles away.

They are offering 'special trade in offers' on New Holland tractors, my eMax25 isn't even a year old, so it has lots of warranty left but short of something catastrophic getting it to the 60+ mile away dealer would be cost prohibitive as I do not have a way to transport it myself.

So, should I try to sell the tractor outright, trade it in on a New Holland or take my chances that it won't need a warranty repair in the next 4 years?

Note that they will still be able to service them, they just can't do warranty repairs.

Clearly, had I known this was coming last year I would not have purchased a Mahindra where there would be no local dealer support.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #2  
I would not get nervous but that is me. The amount you would lose selling it could cover a lot of repairs that may never happen. Mahindra may pick up another local dealer in the future.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #3  
I would not get nervous but that is me. The amount you would lose selling it could cover a lot of repairs that may never happen. Mahindra may pick up another local dealer in the future.
Exactly! I wonder what percent of us have had a warranty repair too. We all consider the 'what if' but I don't think many have to use it.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #4  
I would think for approx. 200 you could get the tractor taken there and another 200 to get it back if needed. Cheaper if you have a buddy. I guess the warranty is still intact just now you have a 400 deductible. Now if you were starting to drool over a new tractor and looking for a reason to pull it pass the wife just mention my name and tell her I said you need one :)

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #5  
i had 1 warranty repair. so far and hope not any more.

also my closest dealer where i bought it is about 35 miles and is a jerk and terribly useless and unknowledgeable. the next closer dealer is about 60 miles away and they did do the warranty repair and also serviced it at 50 hrs. they are good and the tranpsot fees were $95 round trip. that is very fair.

local co-op for garden tractor less than 5 miles away is $50. so....

i like the mahindra and this farther away dealer is legit compared to the fly by night dealer i bought mine from.

some iny local yokel dude who was less than stellar. more like gutter.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #6  
Mahindra Does Allow up to 90$ to cover some of the service call. A lot of times warranty issues have to be done in our shop. especially anytime a tractor has to be split . Sometimes under special circumstances like this Mahindra have even cover the pickup and delivery Fee they are usually really fair when it comes to that.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #7  
I would not trade it in. You will loose to much and you could use that to transport it. No matter what you have the warranty will eventually run out so you will be in that situation no matter what, it just might take a little longer. You could probably buy a descent trailer and take it yourself cheaper than the hit you will take on a trade in. A half ton truck should easily pull your tractor.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #8  
I'd share your concerns with the salesman who sold you your tractor to see what they might offer. You gave them your business based off of location and now that has changed.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra
I've been in contact with Mahindra, they are "researching" if there are other dealers coming to my area.

/ Local dealer dropped/dropping Mahindra #10  
Maybe the first thing to do is see if the dealer is being dropped and why, by Mahindra. Dependent on the reasons, you may not want to go to them for repairs anyway. And if you buy a different brand of tractor from this dealer, who's to say they will hang onto that brand?