2216 HST hour meter not working

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #11  
Wow that's news to me. How about the meters on the 1538 and other later tier 4 machines that are driven by the ECU and a small microcontroller in the dash display?

I believe most if not all are still tied to giving you one indicated hour per hour spent at PTO speeds, and prorated below those speeds. It's a better indicator of actual work done. You'll have to check yours and let us know. Every ~144,000 revolutions it shows an indicated hour (depends on where the PTO speed is rated). How long it takes you to spin it that many times depends on your usage.

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #12  
It's a mechanical meter. If the tach is working, then the cable from the engine (think old school speedo cable) is fine. That means the issue is inside the tach/hour meter itself. You might just add a Hobbs meter somewhere and live without the dash mounted hour meter. Just keep in mind that the Hobbs meter records all hours as if it were a clock, the dash meter records an hour in one clock hour only if you are running at PTO speed.
Because most of the time I'm not running at PTO speed, can I delay scheduled fluid/filter changes until a later date? Why spend money on things until they are really needed?

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #13  
Because most of the time I'm not running at PTO speed, can I delay scheduled fluid/filter changes until a later date? Why spend money on things until they are really needed?

Not really. The meter is accounting for that already. When it says 50 hours, you have the equivalent of 50 hours at PTO speed, even if the tractor ran for 80 hours to do it.

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #14  
Not really. The meter is accounting for that already. When it says 50 hours, you have the equivalent of 50 hours at PTO speed, even if the tractor ran for 80 hours to do it.

Thank you for this information Dave. I really do have to thank you for your contribution to this forum. You really do help us all by sharing your knowledge with us!

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #15  
Thank you for this information Dave. I really do have to thank you for your contribution to this forum. You really do help us all by sharing your knowledge with us!

Thanks Kryton, glad to help.

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #16  
Hi guys, I recently purchased a used 2216 HST. I love the tractor, but the hour meter has stopped working. Has anyone else had trouble with this or could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot? I have already checked fuses with an ohm meter and all other gauges on the dash work correctly. Thank you!

Brandon

Probably won't help you much in Ohio, but I have a "never before sold" Mahindra mid-mount-mower sitting out back that will be sold at a yard sale price, like 70% off MSRP. It was a demo, maybe 1 hour on it. Aged paint, but complete and nice. You would have to find cheap freight to make it worthwhile. Just fyi. I've been walking around this thing for years.

/ 2216 HST hour meter not working #17  
Hi guys, I recently purchased a used 2216 HST. I love the tractor, but the hour meter has stopped working. Has anyone else had trouble with this or could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot? I have already checked fuses with an ohm meter and all other gauges on the dash work correctly. Thank you!

Brandon
had the same problem removed cluster then striped it of all parts it is a mechanical part checked the gears for dust put it back on the drive cable started the tractor worked ok about 2 hours to do