Ratchet rake?

/ Ratchet rake? #1  

theg

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Anyone have experience? Any issues with using bucket to smash and drag brush. Guess I am kinda worried about hydraulic lines or doing some damage to front loader. Just curious thinking may order one.

/ Ratchet rake? #2  
Anyone have experience? Any issues with using bucket to smash and drag brush. Guess I am kinda worried about hydraulic lines or doing some damage to front loader. Just curious thinking may order one.

Smash and drag is what it's made for. Great product. Darned near indestructible.

/ Ratchet rake? #3  
We bought a 72" Ratchet Rake for our 5555 with 78" bucket. It was so effective at uprooting brush including Yaupon that I decided to pull the trigger on a EA Wicked Root Grapple to gather all the brush into burn piles. Now, I don't use the Ratchet Rake at all, but if a person does not see a grapple bucket in their future a Ratchet Rake is an economical and effective option.

6c4hYSRxfGZGw3sLCKOFkqf0z15s-0L4N5JPXGtyR_GKTflUYIIBaJhuqFS1OYbF8WkRv3iqw6XUZGKikgOrmciZ2w18yUtGNJ9O474wQCEOga29FRf8Np-Fq5xFyZJhuR2KEA8yEIgR2PITpGsJRzvzQ9vceKEDBAdNVpMmiaNHTxEE7Pvf_1uAJNZCl-cACn3SZ225sCXLTQluGMUtx4AP5K_dBLI8KOYRdpUzfdyjFT3H6rE29i_RzDn_jl73_4zN8P4HJYNY9ECqgV8Nb1GXuyiy3O1YEzHSMCu84pMO0DHKBksT9U73ro3UKruLMbAn66QxaRyUZAIRsJkFNt9c3IOt0ccWhNnllb7hFJEZN2Hm6LRjJf9RsG0Dixwb5YzVS0N_m9Jpwq2fTlnMvPzGUwP2EmpTXWo0zPyoXwLTzEUT6SZUFCJX0Yth2giA93K15Pwl4dyNjGRcOIAxjIVSxSNULERBQ1DcFvEQCctZc4PwayJb8qbd6pUvZTIc35oOUvZr8RmJ8_r69QGYJmA4uERsUuq7Tf-Vjt8dcdFzDsng0KtsAqrMtO5TsbV6V7LTHAK9BL8bBZ58iDDAsKh3yydGKw77wFeY9tpK-ryc5W-8Fw=w878-h655-no

/ Ratchet rake? #4  
I have both a root grapple and a Ratchet Rake. The RR is very useful for clearing areas between trees, then switching to the grapple for pick-up. So far, no damage has occurred to my bucket lip, and surprisingly, the straps have lasted several years. I think you will find many folks like the RR.

/ Ratchet rake? #5  
I love mine. Clears brush and grass very easily. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to grade a slope between my field and pond so I can plant grass in the spring.

/ Ratchet rake? #6  
I have been thinking about the ratchet rake. Where did you all get yours? I guess Tractor supply is the closest to me.

/ Ratchet rake? #7  
The T-B-N store is an agent for the Ratchet Rake. Button at top of this page. Delivery by convenient UPS.

Support our web site!

Last edited:
   / Ratchet rake? #8  
I have one that I've used to help level dirt mounds and divots left by a stump grinder, as well as level an old compacted gravel driveway. The only thing it's done to my bucket is transfer a little yellow paint where it makes contact. In my opinion, I don't think you'll find a more useful and well-made tool for your tractor, especially for what's relatively very little money.

Ratchet Rake 1.JPG

/ Ratchet rake? #9  
I have one that I've used to help level dirt mounds and divots left by a stump grinder, as well as level an old compacted gravel driveway. The only thing it's done to my bucket is transfer a little yellow paint where it makes contact. In my opinion, I don't think you'll find a more useful and well-made tool for your tractor, especially for what's relatively very little money.

View attachment 485905

Can you give us any tips on the best way to use the Ratchet Rake, Thanks

/ Ratchet rake? #10  

Biggest bang for the buck of any implement ever purchased Great for stripping invasive multiflora rose out of fields around here. Pretty good backdragging rake too.