Backhoe Backhoe Bucket Warranty

/ Backhoe Bucket Warranty #1  

tracydj

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I had a weld break on my 2538 backhoe bucket which in turn pushed the supports on the back side through the metal on the inside of the bucket. I took the bucket to a friend that is a metallurgists with a large local steel fabricator. He said the if the weld wouldn't have broke then none of the other damage would have happened. He said that it was defiantly a manufactures defect and that it should be covered under warranty. You can see in the attached pics where the 10" of a weld pulled away. From what I have read the tractors backhoe should never have enough power to break a weld on a bucket. Have any of you experienced any issues like this and were you able to get the dealer to cover under warranty? Thanks in advance for the input. IMG_4315.JPGIMG_4319.JPGIMG_4318.JPGIMG_4316.JPG

/ Backhoe Bucket Warranty #2  
The Mahindra service manager sent me a pic yesterday morning. This it absolutely covered by warranty. We don't have many bad welds, but as much wire as we put down a day, we're bound to have one occasionally. This should be taken care of swiftly.

/ Backhoe Bucket Warranty
The bucket was covered under warranty and I received a brand new one. I was not able to negotiate keeping the broken bucket.

/ Backhoe Bucket Warranty #4  
The bucket was covered under warranty and I received a brand new one. I was not able to negotiate keeping the broken bucket.

Maybe they wanted it for a post mortem diagnosis of the failure. When I worked for Cessna we always wanted the failed parts back that were replaced under warranty. Sometimes they went to the junk heap but sometimes they went back to QC and engineering.

/ Backhoe Bucket Warranty #5  
I had the bucket on a 2538 split in half, it split from a weld on a middle tooth.