2538 skips after idling

/ 2538 skips after idling #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
Been blowing a lot of snow yesterday and today and when I let the tractor cool down and walk away for a few minutes leaving the tractor running it wants to skip when starting back to blowing. It will blow smoke and skip for probably 20-30 seconds. Fresh fuel with additive above freezing. No lights or codes. Had the reflash a couple of months ago. Everything works great except for the skip. Talked to my dealer who is looking into it to see what it could be. I am thinking ecu for another reflash but I am guessing here? What do you guys think? 85 hours on tractor.

/ 2538 skips after idling #2  
I don't have a solution or an ideas. I just wanted to say that I dislike seeing any issues associated with the 2538. I am at 53 hours and hope for hundreds more without a major issue.

/ 2538 skips after idling #3  
Been blowing a lot of snow yesterday and today and when I let the tractor cool down and walk away for a few minutes the tractor wants to skip. It will blow smoke and skip for probably 20-30 seconds. Fresh fuel with additive above freezing. No lights or codes. Had the reflash a couple of months ago. Everything works great except for the skip. Talked to my dealer who is looking into it to see what it could be. I am thinking ecu for another reflash but I am guessing here? What do you guys think? 85 hours on tractor.

My first guess would be fuel. Maybe there is some water in it. When did you last replace the filters, 50 hours? At least pull a sample from the drain on the bottom of the first fuel filter and see if there is any water in it. If there is, at least the first paper filter is cheap.

/ 2538 skips after idling
Dick I am still on original filter. Should change it soon but figured at 100 hours. I am thinking not filter or it would not have full power when under load. I don't think it would smoke if under fueled. What are your thoughts?

/ 2538 skips after idling #5  
Snow blowing, could be partially plugged air filter, too... I know I turned into an instant snow man several times out with my open station rear blower..... Get the filters damp, and they don't pass as much air as dry....

Snow blowing, could be partially plugged air filter, too... I know I turned into an instant snow man several times out with my open station rear blower..... Get the filters damp, and they don't pass as much air as dry....

Certainly an option I had not thought about. Snow was very heavy but still could get wet. If it was wet though I would think it would effect the tractor more when really lugging it down in the heave stuff? Certainly something to take a look at though.

/ 2538 skips after idling #7  
Kubota had an "as needed" recall on 2650 for snow packing the intake.

/ 2538 skips after idling #8  
Dick I am still on original filter. Should change it soon but figured at 100 hours. I am thinking not filter or it would not have full power when under load. I don't think it would smoke if under fueled. What are your thoughts?

Well next to fuel would come sucking air into the fuel somewhere but I'm no expect by any means. All I know about tractors I read here. Air intake clean?

Everything checks out great. Blower is rear mounted and snow was very heavy so air cleaner was dry. I have not talked to my dealer anymore about it as really not an issue right now. I am going to change the fuel filter but cannot see it being that. I am thinking an injector.