2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm
Bottom line is, there have been sacrifices made to keep EPA happy. I believe every other mfg is running a DPF to hold on to a by-product then burn it off. This mode allows for wider ranges of engine demands. Mahindra may have found a thin line to operate on where it can slowly burn this by-product off and not require some extra hardware and operator effort. Trouble is, that line may be too thin and they are experiencing issues with all the different ways these tractors are run and all different environments they are run in.

My guess is they are waiting for the gubbernaut to finally turn a cheek and they are going to release a ECU program that will rival what the kids are doing to the 7.3l fords these days. Well--- my hope any way! Machine is built like a tank but they have some things left to do and I am glad I bought from a good dealer as they seem to be in it for the long haul with me.

Great news on this one!! Mahindra flew in the A team to try a new data set. R&D going on in my garage way back in the woods. If anyone needs me, I will be down at the 1/4 mile strip putting top fuelers to bed. :steering wheel: The issues I was having were computer related and if anyone else is in this boat, I can tell you there is good stuff coming! Great tractor, great company and all around great experience!

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #23  
Great news on this one!! Mahindra flew in the A team to try a new data set. R&D going on in my garage way back in the woods. If anyone needs me, I will be down at the 1/4 mile strip putting top fuelers to bed. :steering wheel: The issues I was having were computer related and if anyone else is in this boat, I can tell you there is good stuff coming! Great tractor, great company and all around great experience!

That's great news! Makes me want to go get the new flash now as well. It's running so good though that I don't want to jinx things...

I think it is still being approved by the gubbernaut epa. My guess is dealerships will start seeing it in the colder states as I think it pertains mostly to cold weather performance.

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #25  
Took delivery of my 2538 yesterday and think I have the same issue. Feels a lil underpowered and misses if you throttle up while moving forward. Also seems to be struggling in high gear. Few light puffs of smoke. Am I expecting too much from this tractor? Also stalled it in low gear before the tires spun? Just doesn't seem right

Work with your dealer. Ask about the ECU flash and if any other tractors from their inventory had the issue. That tractor is a work horse. The original flash that was the first out of the factory worked better then the next 2 they tried. Trouble was the first one had some cold temperature running issues so they wanted to get it right. Anyone below the frost belt knows nothing of the issue.....#2 and #3 were a flop but #4 will tear your head off! (again, in my experience) I suppose there is a chance they started putting #2 or #3 a the factory? or are you in cold temp now and #1 might be acting up? I am no expert on this and this was my observation of my tractor.... and all I can tell you is stay optimistic and work with your dealer. Heck, you might have something wrong that has nothing to do with the ECU. Water in the fuel?

Other dealers on here might be able to chime in as well?

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #27  
Work with your dealer. Ask about the ECU flash and if any other tractors from their inventory had the issue. That tractor is a work horse. The original flash that was the first out of the factory worked better then the next 2 they tried. Trouble was the first one had some cold temperature running issues so they wanted to get it right. Anyone below the frost belt knows nothing of the issue.....#2 and #3 were a flop but #4 will tear your head off! (again, in my experience) I suppose there is a chance they started putting #2 or #3 a the factory? or are you in cold temp now and #1 might be acting up? I am no expert on this and this was my observation of my tractor.... and all I can tell you is stay optimistic and work with your dealer. Heck, you might have something wrong that has nothing to do with the ECU. Water in the fuel?

Other dealers on here might be able to chime in as well?

Thanks for the quick response. Fortunately an employee drives by my house everyday so he just picked it and he noticed what I was describing as soon as he went to throttle up. I'm in South Jersey so it was about 60 yesterday. Dealer said they had a 2540 with similar issues in which they flashed the computer and haven't heard back from him. Hopefully have it back today. Dealer has been around forever and has a good reputation so I'm optimistic at the moment, but my machine only has 5hrs on it. Fingers crossed

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #28  
Just wanted to post the outcome of my similar experience. Dealer flashed it and that was no good. Put a set of injectors in and that was no good. Finally had the Mahindra Rep remoted in through their computer and flash the ECU.

When they dropped it off to me it seemed to bog down when trying to go full speed forward in mid-range. After 10 minutes something clicked and it runs pretty dang good now. I can even scoot down my field in high gear without it falling on its face. Time for the suspension seat upgrade! Put 2hrs on it last night. Engine sounds totally different.

Thanks Oledadger, don't mean to hijack your thread

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #29  
I think we have the same dealer. I'm in Franklinville, I just picked up my 2538 last week 😀

/ 2538 sputters at/above 1600rpm #30  
are yall doing this right after start up? You want to let the engine stay under 1/2 throttle for the first 5 minutes of operation