Mahindra 7010

/ Mahindra 7010 #1  

M135

I have a 7010 Mahindra and it recently started losing power and blowing blue-ish smoke after a short period of operation. I can kill the tractor, re-start and it will run fine for a few minutes. I unplugged the KSB unit and jumpered the brown wires and no change.
I have ordered a new KSB timer unit and hope to get that installed by Wednesday of this week. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is/was the fix?

/ Mahindra 7010
Ok folks, I need some help. I installed the new KSN unit and the tractor started but RPM gauge would not work. After operation for a short time, the tractor died and will not re-start. Ideas?

/ Mahindra 7010 #3  
The KSB advances the pump timing [ old guy trying to remember ] for X minutes when you start it. You should take your tractor to a qualified mech and have him check the pump timing. Can't just grab it and move it around yourself. Something could have worn and the timing is off, or maybe something wrong with the injection pump itself, or something else... Don't know about your RPM problem, could have pulled a wire off putting the timer in, or just coincidence. Good luck. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS...!!!!!!!

/ Mahindra 7010
Thanks Jerry. I believe it's a 20minute advance. Yep, my next step is to load up and take to local dealer. Hoping that pump is not damaged!

/ Mahindra 7010 #5  
Could be something more basic and simple, plug'd input screen, etc... maybe you will get good news... Hang in there.... :)

/ Mahindra 7010 #6  
Need a front end loader for a 7010 Mahindra with cab can anybody help

/ Mahindra 7010 #7  
I'd check the fuel tank for crud around the screen...Had that happen once...cleaned the tank and all was well...BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 7010 #8  
You could have trash getting built up in the fuel tank outlet.. disconnect the fuel lines going to and from the tank.. then put air through the line that has the metal bend in it going into the tank...

/ Mahindra 7010 #9  
Need a front end loader for a 7010 Mahindra with cab can anybody help

I don't think Mahindra put one on that model, but creating a new thread would likely get more response.

/ Mahindra 7010 #10  
I don't think Mahindra put one on that model, but creating a new thread would likely get more response.

Of course they offered a loader for the 7010, but I agree with starting a new thread.