Engine mounts and loader bolts.

/ Engine mounts and loader bolts. #1  

Cramby

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL TLBMMM
54hrs and on my 2nd check of bolts on loader, engine, and 3pt hitch brackets. 1st check was at 10hrs, found a couple a little loose, now 2nd check found a couple a little loose. It pays to check em.

/ Engine mounts and loader bolts. #2  
Good reminder. If I recall then torque specs are quite high.

/ Engine mounts and loader bolts. #3  
54hrs and on my 2nd check of bolts on loader, engine, and 3pt hitch brackets. 1st check was at 10hrs, found a couple a little loose, now 2nd check found a couple a little loose. It pays to check em.

My dealer torques them and marks them on all new machines or at least they are supposed to. The only one's they didn't was for the distributor installed backhoe and those worked loose in no time if they were torqued at all. The dealer retorqued those and marked them and none have loosened up yet.

/ Engine mounts and loader bolts. #4  
My dealer torques them and marks them on all new machines or at least they are supposed to. The only one's they didn't was for the distributor installed backhoe and those worked loose in no time if they were torqued at all. The dealer retorqued those and marked them and none have loosened up yet.

The backhoe ones are ESPECIALLY crucial to watch. You get a lot of different forces on those that the loader doesn't see.

/ Engine mounts and loader bolts. #5  
The backhoe ones are ESPECIALLY crucial to watch. You get a lot of different forces on those that the loader doesn't see.

Yeah well since the dealer pretty much redid the backhoe install it's been fine. It really helps if they are nuts and bolts are torqued down the first time instead of just getting them started and finger tight.
You should have seen the mess they made of the PTO shield, that jammed SAE bolts into metric tapped holes and forced one until it stripped out. Then to hold that side of the shield on they used a zip tie since they could no longer get a bolt threaded into the hole. LOL Somebody just wasn't up to snuff and should not have been putting tractors together without supervision. Or maybe they just couldn't read the very detailed instructions that KMW supplied with the backhoe.