4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #1  

gardner175

Tractor
Mahindra 4550
I have a new 4550 4wd manufactured in 2014. It has been great so far with a few things that needed tweaking. We continue to have problems with condensation on the inside of the instrument cluster cover. I attached a photo. The whole instrument cluster unit has been replaced and it still happens. The condensation is on the inside. It occurred when temps were in the 80s and when they were in the high 20s. It begins to develop after I have run the tractor about 20 min and goes away (not visible) when the tractor cools down. No condensation is visible when the tractor is not running, The tractor sits in my machine shed and is protected from the weather when I am not using it.

Has anyone else had this problem with their 4500 Mahindra, or any other model? The Mahindra tech rep has said this is not normal and they will again replace the instrument panel. I am just trying to get ahead of this in case it keeps happening. I am totally stumped and suspect if it is a parts problem, I am not alone and someone very skilled or clever may have a solution. It is a great tractor so far, this issue is just an itch that is hard to reach and I would like to scratch it.

20161109_143615.jpg

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #3  
My 2016 2555 does it also occasionally, but goes away fairly quickly.

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #4  
My 4025 has the same cluster. I have had it since May of 2010, (purchased new). It has the same cluster and the same problem. I just park it in the sun to clear it up. You will really be disappointed when the Tach. starts sticking. A good hard rap on the cluster will usually break it loose or once again, park it in the sun.

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #5  
Turn your lights on when you run it. The heat from the bulbs will help dry it out.

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #6  
Remove the cluster, dry it out, and re-seal it with a bead of silicone. Likely just a poor mfr seal.

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #7  
Our 4010 does that as well. Different cluster but does the same in the winter. I have not noticed it in the summer. The 4010 is manufactured by TYM so not sure if that is a connection or not. Thanks for the siuggestion on running the lights.

/ 4550 Instrument Cluster Condensation #8  
My 2555 was doing the same plus dust getting in, so I did what I did with my Kioti. Remove the cluster from the dash, separate the clear face from the gage unit, dry thoroughly (I sat mine in sun). When assembling, apply a bead of sealant around the inside of clear housing where it contacts (I just used silicon chalk to make it easier to disassemble in future if needed). On the back side, once the terminals where plugged in, I sealed around them using (believe it or not) plumbers putty (easy to remove in future) I now have no issues with moister or dust.