Oil & Fuel First hydraulic oil change?

/ First hydraulic oil change? #11  
Wow, Ralph - you must be almost as old as I am. You can remember when oil changes were done every 1000 miles - ha,ha.
At 50 hours I changed EVERYTHING on my tractor. I wasn't cheap but then you look at the price you just laid out for the new tractor.

Besides a new tractor is still under warrantee at 50 hours and if you do have problems you don't want to get tangled up with lack of maintenance issues.

And yes, at 50 hours my 15 gallons of hydraulic fluid looked brand new, but I used it to soak many wooden fence posts in.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #12  
I had two different experiences with changing out hydraulic oil on my new machines. My tractor has two filters that both have magnets on the faces. Those magnets were full of very fine metal particles. In fact I don't think there was any room for the magnets to grab anything more.

On my excavator, the first service to the hydraulic system revealed nothing in any of the filters. I even cut them open to take a closer look.

I do know that most of the particles on the magnetic filters were likely cast iron that came from the cases, which the excavator doesn't have.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #13  
I just recently changed the fluids & filters on my Max 26XL. I didn't know anything about a suction screen anywhere. Where might this be, and I'm guessing that I probably can't do it now without draining the fluid again? If I used a clean container I could put it back in but will it be worth the hassle at this point?

/ First hydraulic oil change? #14  
Dealership just informed Friday that the Service Rep changed the 50hr Hydraulic/Trans suction oil filter and screen strainer schedule to 100hours. Interesting that both Owners and Service Manuals list 50hrs. Also interesting that the manuals inform to clean the strainer at every Hydraulic oil change which is listed at every 1000hrs. Manuals do not inform to change Trans oil at 50hrs or 100hrs. Just to change the filter and clean the strainer at 50hr thereafter every 400hrs. Better safe than sorry. I am changing the Hydraulic oil on my 2016 3550 PST Tier IV at 84Hrs. I'll clean and reuse the oil in my knuckle-boom truck.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #15  
Anyone know what the Mahindra "Universal Tractor Fluid" is?? What's the spec??

There's a TSC close and will be getting it there...

-R

/ First hydraulic oil change? #19  
I use Chevron THF (I think) 1000. My local oil distributor sells it cheap- even cheaper if you bring in your own bucket/container

/ First hydraulic oil change? #20