Oil & Fuel First hydraulic oil change?

/ First hydraulic oil change? #1  

ForestGrump

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra EMAX 22
Notice the OM says to change out the hydraulic oil at the first 50 hours, is this real? EMAX 22

/ First hydraulic oil change? #2  
Yes! The first change is an effort to get any debris, lapping compounds, break in oil and grease out of the system. Plus the front axle may take a different fluid than the factory stuff if you are in a cooler climate.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #3  
Yes! The first change is an effort to get any debris, lapping compounds, break in oil and grease out of the system. Plus the front axle may take a different fluid than the factory stuff if you are in a cooler climate.
Why wouldn't those contaminants be collected in the filter, are they too small to escape filtration?

/ First hydraulic oil change? #4  
I don't think it's about the filter not grabbing debris as the filter is also changed at the 50 hour mark. It is common to change fluids and filter when new or rebuilt at a shorter first interval.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #5  
I'd like to see tractor manufacturers find out a way to eliminate this quite troublesome thing and waste of huge amounts of oil. Cars and trucks used to require oil and filter changes after only (around) 1,000 miles or so. Now, they typically allow you to go to the routine 7.5-15k oil change interval the 1st time.

Reasons are as given above by others, but I'd think they should find out a way to blow out or flush out these metal particles and shavings at the factory where it could really be better controlled and checked.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #6  
Change the hydraulic oil and filter. Also clean the suction screen. You will be amazed at how much metal will come out and the amount that is in the oil itself. This is just the normal break in for all the moving parts while they are getting to know each other.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #7  
This is the same oil that goes through the rams and hoses, right? Think of how many items, length and connections...

That's a lot of area that might have some assembly contamination.

-R

Last edited:
   / First hydraulic oil change? #8  
When I did the 50 hr. service on my 2615, the original hydraulic fluid looked every bit as good as the new fluid.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #9  
Its not how the fluid looks, we know that 50 hours will not deteriorate the fluid. It should be changed to remove the contaminants. In my experience the suction screen is where most of the crud collects. What the heck, you won't have to do it again until the 1000 hour mark. It is just cheap insurance to keep the machine as close to new as possible.

/ First hydraulic oil change? #10  
I never found anything on the suction screens of my JD 4010 nor the 2025R. Didn't do the suction screen on the 1025R lemon because it's too much of a pain to get the hose loose. Recommend disconnecting the pipes on it: has a connection joint in the line.

Ralph