Water in fuel light

/ Water in fuel light #1  

SC2555HST

Bronze Member
Is there a reset that anybody knows of? The light came on the dash, I removed the plug on bottom of water separator, turned the opening drain, drained all "water", (I think just diesel came out) put back together, and light on dash will not go off. 2555HST

/ Water in fuel light #2  
Same problem here on my 5555. Other members have suggested several ideas.

Use a scan tool to clear the fault code. The OBDII connector is above the fuse box. My inexpensive scan tool is giving me an error and will not clear it.

Pull any fuse and plug it into the reset slot in the fuse block. I cannot find one on mine.

Good luck. I'm still looking for a solution, too.

/ Water in fuel light
Thanks Mac. I'll look for a reset slot.

/ Water in fuel light #4  
The sensor itself could be bad as well or the fuel... if you havnt had your data reset yet you need to do so. The easy way to tell is if you don't get a 30ish second glow time before and after crank you need the data set

/ Water in fuel light
I topped off the fuel and ran it for about an hour today. Sometime during that one hour the dash light went off. Guess it self corrected. Thanks for everyone's support.

/ Water in fuel light #6  
The sensor itself could be bad as well or the fuel... if you havnt had your data reset yet you need to do so. The easy way to tell is if you don't get a 30ish second glow time before and after crank you need the data set

How do you do that?

/ Water in fuel light #8  
Take it to your dealer there is a campaign on it. 5555 has one for sure

Thanks, Navasot.
Transporting it to the dealer is a problem
as I do not have a suitable trailer.
In the meantime, can I continue to use it without the reset?
It starts and runs great.

/ Water in fuel light #9  
Take it to the dealer to reset...... I would expect its a whole lot cheaper to have the dealer come out and perform the task on-site. Like Mad Mac - I don't have a transport trailer and round trip costs $350.