1538 HST Questions

/ 1538 HST Questions #1  

torsinadoc

Tractor
None
I will be getting my 1538 this coming weekend (hopefully)

It appears that I should have the dealer reflash the ECU to the most recent code. This is correct? Also my property is fairly hilly (actually steep in places), can it manage a 6ft brush hog (med duty) fairly easy on this type of terrain? I will get grapple hooks, box blade. Have a list of projects. This is my first tractor.

/ 1538 HST Questions #2  
Exciting to hear! I purchased my 1538 last fall. You can ask the dealer about the ECU flash. When I asked last fall he smiled and stated every tractor he had had already been updated.
I don't brushhog so I can't answer that part. A few folks have done posts about the 1538. Filter part #s, fuel shut offs and other unique aspects to the 15xx series.

Last edited:
   / 1538 HST Questions #3  

It appears that I should have the dealer reflash the ECU to the most recent code. This is correct? Also my property is fairly hilly (actually steep in places), can it manage a 6ft brush hog (med duty) fairly easy on this type of terrain? I will get grapple hooks, box blade. Have a list of projects. This is my first tractor.

Can't help with the re-flash question. It should handle the cutter. Be sure to ask that the wheels are situated for their utmost width for more side stability.

/ 1538 HST Questions #4  

Absolutely get them to ensure that the ECU has the latest code in it. Mine didn't and it had to travel 50 miles both ways just to get the temp gauge working. That should not have been necessary. Lucky for me my dealer covered it but some won't. Make sure that if your's won't reflash the ECU they'll stand behind their decision. It's all of a 15 min process fer pity sake and Mahindra isn't great about getting the ECU coded properly before tractors are shipped.

/ 1538 HST Questions #5  

I suggest that you have your tires loaded. Makes the tractor more stable , increases your traction, makes the over all ride better in my opinion. :thumbsup:

/ 1538 HST Questions
The dealer called and would like to steer me to the 2538. Its a bit less (2500). Suspect they have several to get rid of. There are some comparisons /pros and cons but I prefer the bucket control at my hip I think but not sure its worth 2500 extra

/ 1538 HST Questions #7  
The dealer called and would like to steer me to the 2538. Its a bit less (2500). Suspect they have several to get rid of. There are some comparisons /pros and cons but I prefer the bucket control at my hip I think but not sure its worth 2500 extra
I would buy what I wanted to buy and let that dealer know that he is jeopardizing the deal and may just be looking at selling you nothing at all.

/ 1538 HST Questions #8  
The margin on the 2538 must be higher because the salesman I spoke to at one point tried to push me that direction as well. As soon as I got to the owner and explained my situation it was never brought up again. It is a more competitive priced machine but lacks a few of the features I liked. The main difference to me was the loader control location and the Mitsubishi chassis. I was happy to pay extra for that.

/ 1538 HST Questions
The margin on the 2538 must be higher because the salesman I spoke to at one point tried to push me that direction as well. As soon as I got to the owner and explained my situation it was never brought up again. It is a more competitive priced machine but lacks a few of the features I liked. The main difference to me was the loader control location and the Mitsubishi chassis. I was happy to pay extra for that.

I looked at the both but really liked the loader control location on the 1538. It was more comfortable. Signed the paperwork. Hopefully the 1538 will arrive soon. They didn't have the HST at either store.

/ 1538 HST Questions #10  
Good choice! You will enjoy the machine.