Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #1  

sempine

Tractor
Mahindra 5010
I can loosen the lock nut. To shorten the rod it appears that I need to remove a cotter pin to pull out a small shaft /pin then when the lever drops out of the way I should be able to screw the brass colored part upwards. Then I will have to pry up the clutch lever to reinsert the shaft Does this sound right. Manual just says make adjustment then tighten lock nut

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment
Giving my "plan" a try.

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment
Cutch pedal down brings lever up. Needed to lengthen rod to lower lever. Have me 3/4 " of free play but I'm at end of rod. To get more I will need to find a longer rod but hope this works for a few hundred hours.

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #4  
I’ve been doing the same thing to my 4110. I’m curious if I’m wearing my clutch plate out this fast or what else could be going on. What have you found?

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #5  
Just saw your post. My dad who was an auto mechanic thinks im going the wrong direction. I didnt get much improvement even at end of threaded rod so i plan to go other direction. There is an adjustment at top of rod to actuate clutch safety swlitch. I had been pushing clutch way down to start tractor

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #6  
Clutch is sticking on input shaft. Known issue.

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #7  
If you've ever changed a clutch out in anything...you know you never want to have to do it again....some folks leave their foot on the clutch pedal as they work, not realizing that wear can occur from doing this...also never ride the clutch out..wear is wear...I always try and have at least an inch of "free play" in the clutch at the top so I know that it is fully engaged..just sayin'....BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #8  
Thanks for both replies. I did ride the clutch backing out of the chicken house where we store our hay. Didnt want to shift to lower gear. Thats why i believe clutch wear is problem. One other point. Tractor slows down in high gear going up hill with no load but also slows down going thru really wet ground. Tires dont spin. The tractor just slows down. Can anyone explain why this happens?

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #9  
Thanks for both replies. I did ride the clutch backing out of the chicken house where we store our hay. Didnt want to shift to lower gear. Thats why i believe clutch wear is problem. One other point. Tractor slows down in high gear going up hill with no load but also slows down going thru really wet ground. Tires dont spin. The tractor just slows down. Can anyone explain why this happens?
This is exactly the evidence that your clutch is out of spec, either from wear, or oil from the gear box or engine...if nothing is "leaking" from under the tractor, assume you need a new clutch if you can't adjust any more...BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 5010 clutch adjustment #10  
Thanks bob. I am going totry adjusting clutch by shortening threaded rod length. When i did that before i seemed to get less play for the clutch pedal bud my dad believes that is what i need to do. Ill give it one last chance before having mahindra come for the tractor to do the clutch replacement. Its always seemed odd to me that i had so little adjustment left on almost new tractor. Less than an inch from the end of the threaded rod