What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Did my first bit of snow fighting this year. Only 4 inches or so, but sitting in the cab, heat on, was a nice change from previous years. Looking forward to this winter!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #122  
it was cold down here in the south, we're not used to this kind of weather. Tractor was a bit tough to start saturday, but got'r running and finished moving my 10x20 storage building up next to the workshop (finally-I'm sure my neighbors were relieved, and expectant that I'll move the rest of the crap that was around it soon)
then sunday afternoon I welded up the raise/lower spool after it broke last weekend (cause unknown, but it would have to have been blunt force trauma of some sort), shortened the control lever to reduce the future risk of failure and provide more opperator room on that side, and replaced the second hydraulic line that's burst on the FEL. Now I need to get another load of gravel, and finish grading and spreading out around the shop.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #123  
I feel sooooooo much better now that my tractor is working right again.

Yesterday I worked it for about 3-1/2 hours. Moving debris and pulling a few stumps.

We have our first decent quantity of snow coming overnight tonight. Luckily for me I have a couple days off right now.

So today I put the tractor to work all day long. I worked it from 7am until 4:30pm with about 1-1/2 hours of breaks in there to get food, caffeine, and do a couple chores in the house for the wife while she was at work.

The tractor performed flawlessly the whole day. First I had to fill over two culverts on the trails with dirt I had put in a while back. We had received a lot of rain one day with some of it being a hard down pour and it washed away a bunch of the dirt because no grass had grown in yet. Then I moved a bunch of logging debris off the trails with the grapple, pulled about seven or eight stumps, and then I installed another new culvert in a place I really wanted to get drained. I figured I better go for it now because I had the culvert sitting at the camp. I managed to do a little ditching at both ends of it to get the water in that area to go where I want it to. And back filled over the culvert. That drainage project will have to continue next summer when things dry up. Another good job done.

Then, just before dark I took the backhoe off right in my detached garage where it will likely stay for the winter. Then put my new to me back blade on and am all ready for the snow.

Here are a few shots of today’s work. IMG_3527.JPG
IMG_3533.JPG
IMG_3534.JPG
IMG_3536.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #124  
good to hear! one thing i noticed with my rear blade plowing yesterday, mine is facing forward so I extended the top link and it digs in alot less into the gravel driveway and the dirt.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #125  
I feel sooooooo much better now that my tractor is working right again.

Yesterday I worked it for about 3-1/2 hours. Moving debris and pulling a few stumps.

We have our first decent quantity of snow coming overnight tonight. Luckily for me I have a couple days off right now.

So today I put the tractor to work all day long. I worked it from 7am until 4:30pm with about 1-1/2 hours of breaks in there to get food, caffeine, and do a couple chores in the house for the wife while she was at work.

The tractor performed flawlessly the whole day. First I had to fill over two culverts on the trails with dirt I had put in a while back. We had received a lot of rain one day with some of it being a hard down pour and it washed away a bunch of the dirt because no grass had grown in yet. Then I moved a bunch of logging debris off the trails with the grapple, pulled about seven or eight stumps, and then I installed another new culvert in a place I really wanted to get drained. I figured I better go for it now because I had the culvert sitting at the camp. I managed to do a little ditching at both ends of it to get the water in that area to go where I want it to. And back filled over the culvert. That drainage project will have to continue next summer when things dry up. Another good job done.

Then, just before dark I took the backhoe off right in my detached garage where it will likely stay for the winter. Then put my new to me back blade on and am all ready for the snow.

Here are a few shots of today’s work.View attachment 531639
View attachment 531640
View attachment 531641
View attachment 531642

I am very glad your tractor is fixed. I hope that this long on troublesome round is behind you and the road ahead is full of good fortune.
Personally my tractor has been very good to me and I treat it well as I don’t have a lot of spare funds to fix it if I break it.
I was in desperate need of a tractor,after looking at the other brands for what I needed they where well out of my price range. My 3016 came in under my budget and my dealer was fair and honest. Being a diesel mechanic I new some of its short falls ahead of time (parts availability, how it’s not “built” by Mahindra and some of its mechanical shortfalls). With that said it has proven to be a tough workhorse for me and has allowed me to do things I never would have tackled without it.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #126  
good to hear! one thing i noticed with my rear blade plowing yesterday, mine is facing forward so I extended the top link and it digs in alot less into the gravel driveway and the dirt.

Thanks. I do plan on turning it around 360 degrees while plowing my road back to camp and along the shoulder of road the house is on. Should make things faster. My first time using a back blade for snow so there will be a learning curve. Time to start cleaning the driveway out for wife. They did get a two hour delay today, and I have the day off, so I haven’t been in a hurry this morning! LOL

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #127  
Looks like you folks had been getting a lot done. Cold weather took a toll on the original battery this morning, had to put a new one in the 3616 HST.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #130  
Glad to hear your tractor is back up and running. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the tire chains? They look awesome!

I decided on the ones I wanted and then had the dealer order them from tirechain.com so everything was included in the package when I financed it.

They are the V-BAR duo-grip, if I remember correctly.