85P

/ 85P #1  

oakridgecattle

Tractor
Mahindra 7520
Well, I hate to do this, but due to health reasons, I've got to sell my tractor, 85P. It's been a great tractor, but can't justify both a tractor and skid steer for a handful of cows and just to move snow. Is there much interest in the larger tractors anymore on here? It has less than 150 hrs and basically like new and will do everything I throw at it. Where are there some good areas to try and sell a tractor like this? I mean is there a spot on here I can try to sell it?

Thanks for your help!!

/ 85P
Yes both 4x4 20170417_174300.jpg20170417_174023.jpg

/ 85P #4  
I see you have the cast weights also. That's a nice rig. As far as how to sell, there is a spot here on TBN I think, but it doesn't seem very active. Too bad really, since the forum is so active. You could ask your dealer to sell it for a commission. And there is always craigslist.

/ 85P #7  
I would be askin about mid 30s if you sell outright. Youll get around 30-33 from a dealer I bet

/ 85P #8  
I think if you have a very late model tractor with low hours, like you do, I would start my calculations like this: A customer at a dealership wants to save 20-25% off of new if he buys a late model low hour used tractor. Anything higher than that and most folks can justify buying new for reasons of warranty, financing, new car smell, etc. Not 20-25% off MSRP, but 20-25% off a normal selling price. If you take it to a dealer to sell for you, he may well ask 15% commission. So lets say your tractor was $50k new, knock off 25% and we are at a selling price of $37,500. If you decided to have a dealer sell it and the dealer then got 15% you would net $31,875. So using these numbers, you would try for $37,500 and think seriously about offers that exceed $32,500. Of course if you really aren't in a hurry and have no immediate need for the money, you might set the lower threshold up a bit.

On a higher dollar rig like this, the dealer may lower his percentage. 15% of $37,500 is more than he made on it new. 15% on an old 8N Ford selling at $1800 isn't worth the time for a dealer to sell it, but as the $$ go up, things change.

BTW, I just used $50k as a theoretical price, I suspect that might be a little low.

I think Navasot and I are on roughly the same page, I just get paid by the word....:)