Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #1  

bman0023

Tractor
Mahindra Emax 22
Hi All, I have a 2016 Emax 22 S and took the mower deck off in the fall for the winter to plow snow. I went to go attach it yesterday and am having some problems attaching it back. Seems that those rear pins are not lining up because that black arm is way too high to attach it to be connected. Is there something I am doing wrong? The manual is not too good. that knob is in the install position. there is no action on that black arm that needs connected to the deck when I lower or raise the deck up too. I wish Mahindra did a better job with videos on how to do this as I can't seem to do this right? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, BRad

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #2  
Couple things to try. Sometimes the rear mower links need a little tug with the hand when the Hitch control lever is in the forward (down) position. Also Make sure the Hydraulic Flow Control knob is not in the locked position preventing the lowering of the the links. Not sure if the Emax is the same as the Max, but for the rear links do go down to meet the mower for pin install height, sometimes you have to turn the nuts on the links to line up the mower.

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems
I tired to get that link to lower but it wouldn't budge. The rear lift will go up and down, just not the arm that will attach to the mower deck? I didn't have any problems with taking it off and assumed it would be easy to put back on? Should that knob on top be in the "install" position?

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #4  
Yes, it should be in the install position. Does the Emax have a Hydraulic Flow control knob also?

Good question? Where would it be located and I will check tonight when I get home.

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #6  
On the Max, it's between my seat and floor, but not too familiar with the Emax controls

Ok, I will check. My FEL works well and that rear hitch still goes up/down. That arm that connects to the mower deck doesn't move at all seems to be the problem

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #8  
You say your rear hitch goes up and down, I take it you mean the three point hitch. The deck is connected to the three point to raise and lower. I have the emax 25 and seem to remember one of the bars being bound on something last spring when I installed mine. Sorry not much help haven't installed mine yet this spring.

Yeah, that may be the case as all hydraulics seem to be working. The dealer told me to move that height adjustment knob to 2 inches and then try, but that did not help either. I can't find anything that is stopping it from lowering and I see how it is connected to that rod that attaches to the 3 pt hitch. I cant' get it to budge. Have to call the dealer again today and see what is going on here. It shouldn't be this hard to install a mower deck.

/ Emax 22 Mower Deck Install problems #10  
on max series have to take back pin out and also try stepping on the 2 flat side panels where the height setting is - mine was a bit tight too the first year. something as simple as that lowered it. now no issue.

where i do install it has some sunken wheel ridges from driving in and out and i find that by lifting it a bit and putting a few pieces of 1x's under the deck frame raises the actual hookups on the deck to the actual tractor so the pins will go through. on a more even and flat surface i do not have issues.