Loader 1533/1538 FEL curl

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl #11  
I tend to think the AG quality removable FEL's on these machines do not in general have hefty curl just to protect the FEL from people prying with the corner of the bucket.

Since I installed 1528 Curl Cylinders on my Max28, I have as much curl and lift as the little tractor can handle, even with a decent counter weight.

I suspect I could hurt the loader if I got abusive prying with the bucket corner edge, but fortunately I have other equipment.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl
The bucket is way shorter than the forks, so your comparison may not be valid. Put the forks back on and put something really heavy near the tips and repeat the test. I do not think switching the hoses will fix it, because I do not think it is actually messed up.

With a bucket, not forks, I bet you will always have curl remaining even if your lift is maxed. But that is not the case with forks.

I'm not adamant that I am correct. Perhaps you engineer types on this forum can chime in.

U R missing the point/issue

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl #13  
U R missing the point/issue

You have two threads going on this. It wouldn't be the first time I missed someone's point/issue. But leverage means something, and has a huge effect. Before you go spending a lot of money on "fixing" something, you might do your switching hoses test with the forks on and a big load near the tips.

Last edited:
   / 1533/1538 FEL curl
I started here and was told I should try over in hydraulics too.

Before testing I'd dive the FEL with bucket into a pile of dirt. I'd have to back up or lift before it would curl. When the QDs were switched I could curl but not lift with the same bucket.

Every tractor I've ever used would curl after lift had reached its limit- similar to my testing.

I realize the whole leverage idea with forks. My issue was obviously exaggerated by the forks. The same leverage would also affect lift- at a different rate given the two completely different types of fulcrums.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl #15  
I started here and was told I should try over in hydraulics too.

Before testing I'd dive the FEL with bucket into a pile of dirt. I'd have to back up or lift before it would curl. When the QDs were switched I could curl but not lift with the same bucket.

Every tractor I've ever used would curl after lift had reached its limit- similar to my testing.

I realize the whole leverage idea with forks. My issue was obviously exaggerated by the forks. The same leverage would also affect lift- at a different rate given the two completely different types of fulcrums.

The FEL Loader Valve on my L39 has separate adjustable reliefs of each circuit. I doubt most basic FEL control valves do, but you should pull the cover off the valve if it has one and check.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl
Ok easy enough to do.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl
I have 1533 and have had the opposite issue but mine I think was low rpm and tooo high weight. Once I took smaller bite all good. I wish i could help but the hydraulic stuff is witch craft to me. Several knowledgeable people have tried to help me understand how to add to the tractor but..... anyhow. May wanna try on the hydraulic forum. Keep us or me posted.

I have posted over in hydraulics. To prevent any further confusion I will be posting over there.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl #18  
This sounds like a tweeked loader in the making

Last edited:
   / 1533/1538 FEL curl #19  
This sounds like a tweeked loaded in the making

Ha! You may be right. It makes me cringe a little when people start messing with increasing capacities, yet I appreciate a guy that is willing to take a few chances. Just like car guys, you buy a fast car and then spend thousands adding 100 HP and voiding your warranty. But what the heck, life is short. I just think that when you do these things, you need to be man enough to suffer any consequences, and I suspect RNeumann is realistic about that.

/ 1533/1538 FEL curl #20  
Ha! You may be right. It makes me cringe a little when people start messing with increasing capacities, yet I appreciate a guy that is willing to take a few chances. Just like car guys, you buy a fast car and then spend thousands adding 100 HP and voiding your warranty. But what the heck, life is short. I just think that when you do these things, you need to be man enough to suffer any consequences, and I suspect RNeumann is realistic about that.
:thumbsup: Agree