New 2538 wont start

/ New 2538 wont start #1  

MahindraPhan

Tractor
Mahindra
Looking for advice,

I ran my tractor about 4 days ago, parked it and shut it off. Went out to start it today and it cranks good (turns over strong) but wont start. Anyone know anything I can check? It was running 4 days ago perfectly fine. Something happend over the last 4 days while it sat.

Thanks

/ New 2538 wont start #2  
Common problems with diesels are typically fuel related. Check the filters and ensure the fuel is making it to the engine.

The common issues with the Mahindra seem to revolve around poor battery cables. It may sound like it's cranking good but it may not be providing the voltage needed to properly run the computer.

The final barn/tractor issue is animal and or movement- did something eat a wire or did something that is needed to start (like the switch that tells the computer the clutch is all the way down) come lose or fail.

/ New 2538 wont start
I went back out and was looking for broke/chewed wires, none that I could see. So I decided to try and crank it again...Cranked for 5 sec, nothing, crank for 5 sec, nothing, crank for 10 sec, engine started and the check eng light was on. I let it warm up, light went out. I turned it off and cranked again, fired right up. WTH!!

/ New 2538 wont start #4  
Intermittent problems are often electrical- I'd look long and hard at your battery cables. I've seen several folks on here think the tractor had a serious issue only to find it had a bad cable. It's so common some have changed them prophylacticly.

/ New 2538 wont start #5  
Sounds like a grounding problem......Is there a ground strap from engine to frame?

/ New 2538 wont start #6  
Intermittent problems are often electrical- I'd look long and hard at your battery cables. I've seen several folks on here think the tractor had a serious issue only to find it had a bad cable. It's so common some have changed them prophylacticly.

He said it cranked so I seriously doubt it's a battery cable. If it was electrical or wiring it might be related to the ECU or something though but I think I'd start with fuel since it's a diesel engine.

/ New 2538 wont start #8  
This may sound a little crazy, but ever since I had my ECU updated, my 2538 doesn't want to start right away either.

But I've noticed if I turn the key to the left, for the glow plugs for about 5-10 seconds, then to the right for another 5 seconds, to let the computer boot up, before I hit the start position, it tends to fire up much better.
Keep us posted !

/ New 2538 wont start #9  
I'm on the 4th flash (should be released soon if it isn't already)and my tractor is as strong as a bull. There was a few hurdles getting to this point but with just over 200 hours i couldn't be happier. Stick with that machine and learn it from top to bottom and inside and out. Starts the same from one cold start to the other or hot to hot.

/ New 2538 wont start
I took a video of the problem and sent it to the dealer. They are sending someone out first of next week to take a look at it. I turned it left for the glow plugs for 10 sec, the cranked it for 25 seconds on three different occasions within 20 mins and it will not start.

Ill keep everyone posted on what happens