Mowing Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538?

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #1  

tncal

Tractor
Mahindra 2538 HST Cab
My land is mostly hilly and even with filled tires it's still not a pleasant ride sometime. I mostly just mow up and down hill but there are a few spots I have to go sideways. Dealer I bought from told me spacers would not void warranty but still I would like to get
other opinions.... thanks!

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #2  
I have a JD CUT and put 4" cast iron spacers from Skidsteer Solutions on each side 500 hours ago. Never a problem. Helps tremendously because it is normally a fairly narrow tractor. Every little bit helps.

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #3  
My land is mostly hilly and even with filled tires it's still not a pleasant ride sometime. I mostly just mow up and down hill but there are a few spots I have to go sideways. Dealer I bought from told me spacers would not void warranty but still I would like to get
other opinions.... thanks!

for the amount of space you could get out of one I would not bother.. it wouldn't make a big enough difference imo and I bet it would void warranty if something big was to come of it.... do you have R4 tires?

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538?
Yes it came with R4 tires, that are now filled. This tractor replaced a New Holland TC 30 with R4s that I could go anywhere with and never feel anxious. The 2538 Cab seat is slightly higher than the TC 30s but the top heavy feeling is (I hope) only perceived and not real. Anyway I wouldn't trade back to the TC 30 as the 2538 has so much more power and the AC makes it such a pleasure to mow grass. I have had this tractor for almost a year and can certainly live with it the way it is. I was only wondering if spacers would make it "feel" a little more stable on the slopes I have to go across. I certainly would not want to damage the tractor or warranty however.

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #5  
A few years ago someone queried on this forum the question, "How many people had problems with tractors by putting spacers on." Here is a list of the complaints:

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #6  
A few years ago someone queried on this forum the question, "How many people had problems with tractors by putting spacers on." Here is a list of the complaints:

Yup, my brother put them on his kioti and his only complaint was that I should have told him to do it sooner.

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #7  
Yup, my brother put them on his kioti and his only complaint was that I should have told him to do it sooner.

A lot of folks in the off roading community run spacers too but they do put extra stress on the wheel bearings and such due to leverage that the axle was not designed to withstand. It's easy to see why the manufacturers would void your warranty on an axle you run spacers on. I think it all depends on whether or not it's worth it to each individual to trade their warranty in for what benefits the spacers bring.

/ Has anyone put wheel spacers on a 2538? #8  
I installed spacers on my BX and it made a night and day difference.

I was concerned I would have to try and find spacers for the 2538, but I do not feel the need for them on this machine.