I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b)

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #11  
So, overall, you are happy with the tractor so far? I am looking at the same tractor. Were you able to try the hoe out before you bought it? My dealer will only order the hoe after I put money down so I will be buying blind. It is good to hear real world reviews.....not some gent on 'Tube walking around explaining the features. I am aware of the features.

Good luck with the new iron and I hope you score a hat. ****, I am looking to work a box scraper into the deal....they can keep the hat!

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #12  
I didn't know about the owners club. I just signed up and am looking forward to getting the hat!

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b)
As I said, it has been a while since I ran a hoe but I知 fairly happy with what I知 getting out of it.

Itç—´ easier to talk about the things that are annoying. Spinning the seat around is one of those annoying things. Another maybe the HST, so far I find myself sitting there confused looking for the shuttle, a while ago I was stopped after filling the bucket and I had the clutch in and I have to think about what I have to do next - oh yeah push with my heel. err. It's like the new Pickups, the auto trans shift lever is a knob, who the heck thought of that bright idea. I'm getting old.

I get some annoying tinny vibrations I have yet to track down.

Power and speed on the hoe are a little better than I expected. The controls seem a bit out of balance, or at least the boom up seems a bit too fast but that could be just me, it seems very hard to feather.

I have a 14 bucket and it hits the boom if youæ±*e not careful on a low boom full curl, just something to be aware of. I知 glad I forgot the thumb, the aftermarket ones look better (and cheaper).

I decided to get most of the 3pt stuff on Craigç—´ list over the next year or three rather than throw it all into a big price tag a little rust on the box blade etc is ok with me, I need a tiller too, oh and a grapple, and maybe one of those sets of forks? Yeah.

There are NO chain hooks on the front loader (or the backhoe for that matter) you'll need those and if you can't do it have the dealer add em right off.

No tool box. I'm still debating where to put one of those - I have lots of ammo boxes, I just need to find a good place for one.

Another thing on my short list is one of those cutter edges for the front blade.

Did I mention I hate the spinning seat?

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #14  
I have a 1533 shuttle and love it. Less than than a year of owning it I have 268hrs with no issues.

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #15  
I had the opposite experience at the dealer in Sealy, TX (west of Houston) last week.The Chief Cook & Bottlewasher (and Family Banker, duh) and I got our Mahindra hats even before the deal was finished.

We got:
2017 1533 Shuttle
Loader
Backhoe
Box Blade
Total MSRP: $35,117

We paid $26,953, the "cash price" they said, a discount of just over 23%, but that also included delivery from Sealy to Rockport, TX (about 150 miles each way).

Based on other reports, that's likely NOT the rock-bottom discount out there (which appears to be about 25-26%), but the dealer took the time to walk us through the AG sales tax exemption application on the web, which alone saved us >8%. Between that and some severe time pressure on the CC & BW, we figure we did just okay.

And we DID get them hats....

We wanted the 1533 Shuttle over the 2538 HST for (a) Mitsubishi, not KYM (b)longer wheel base for earth moving work (c) torque torque torque (d) simplicity. The CC & BW actually prefers the Shuttle over the HST, but then she's an Industrial Engineer by training.

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #16  
^^^Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your dealership experience Hareynolds. Its sounds like you did great on the price, out the door, with delivery....and hats!!! When you say "cash price" was it just that or the financing deal at the cash price? I know they break it down that way for financing so just wondering. Thanks and good luck, have fun with the new toy/tool.

Still no hat, I went to the owner club site (https://www.mahindraownersclub.com/) and tried to enter in my serial number but it was rejected as "bad or already used" so perhaps my dealer has registered it for me.

We paid about the same price, the shuttle was about $1k less than the HST but you got the BB so got a better deal.

I've figured out a better system for the seat (not the way the dealer showed me) and it's working better now. I also mounted a double wide ammo box off the side of the tractor for my chains and pins.

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #18  
Thanks, been lurking, uh, RESEARCHING for about a month. This site consistently has the best skinny, so I figured I should pay-back where I can.

We paid cash, and could have financed, but not at the 0% for 84 months special rate. "Oh, you can't get THAT deal at THIS price!"
For a minute, I think they thought we were trying a reverse bait-and-switch, i.e. ask for the best cash deal, then demand the 0% interest loan. Frankly, we're not that smart (or mercenary). Thrifty, maybe, but not clever.
We take delivery in Rockport next week, and should find-out immediately how far 5000 lbs of tractor will sink into the "sugar sand" that passes for soil down there. First task is spreading 17 tons of crushed limestone to finish-up the driveway, then haul brush to the "transfer station" and haul back MULCH.

First implement: Wicked Root Rake Grapple by EA, which looks perfect for ripping-out the greenbriar and yaupon holly that covers every square inch of the property that isn't live oaks.

I'm seriously worried that the Chief Cook & Bottlewasher (CC&BW) is gonna BOGART the Mahindra, and I'm end-up standing around with a grease gun in my hand.

/ I'm pretty upset. - new Mahindra 1533 and backhoe (1538b) #19  
We paid about the same price, the shuttle was about $1k less than the HST but you got the BB so got a better deal.
I've figured out a better system for the seat (not the way the dealer showed me) and it's working better now. I also mounted a double wide ammo box off the side of the tractor for my chains and pins.

I wish I could take credit for "nibbling" the BB out of them, but just before we were gonna sign, the sales manager ran over and said "If you buy one more implement, we'll get you a $1000 rebate!"
I was going to buy a non-Mahindra BB, prob'ly Craigslist, but I got the BB and a couple hundred dollars back just by saying "Ok, I'll take a box blade."

Re: swivel seat
The dealer never showed me how to swivel the seat. Figured I'd read the manual but that was before I saw the manual (this is where I would insert a disapproving emoji if (a) used emojis and (b) knew how).

What's your method?

Only swivel while the seat is locked in the up position.

I bought a box blade today from CL now I'm thinking about a top-n-tilt :)