Disc Harrow Help

/ Disc Harrow Help #1  

Rondalw

Tractor
3616 Mahnindra
I have a 3616 and recently bought a disc harrow from ABI. It weighs over 800 pounds but does not penetrate the ground. Anyone have an idea how to fix?

Thanks
Ron

/ Disc Harrow Help #2  
is your ground extremely dry ?? if it is you should wait for rain or irrigate . You can also use a chisel plow to get it softened up some to get the harrow to work.

/ Disc Harrow Help #3  
I can give you a couple ideas. Set the disk gangs at the maximum angle for greatest cutting. Adjust your top link(shorten) so more weight bears on the front disks. If these suggestion don't work then - wait until there is moisture in the ground and the ground is softer. Break the ground with a plow - then use the disks.

I know if I try using my disk harrow this time of year its a tough row to hoe. Mine weight 963# and I have to "wrack it up" with the hydraulic top link until almost all the weight is on the front gangs. I've learned that I only break new ground in the spring when its damp.

/ Disc Harrow Help
Figured if I posted under Mahindra Operating it would be a given that I have a Mahindra. Reno, Nevada

/ Disc Harrow Help
Thanks I will see how those ideas work. I am just harvesting Garlic so ground is kind of hard.

/ Disc Harrow Help #6  
Sometimes I add a little weight to mine.

/ Disc Harrow Help #7  
Add weight.
I use four weights about 120 lb each with my 7-ft offset disc behind my Mahindra 5525.

Tire drag.JPG

An offset disc (two axles in a V-configuration) is a primary tillage implement for use on unplowed ground.
A tandem disc (4 axles in an X-configuration) is a secondary tillage implement for use on plowed ground to break up the clods.

Good luck

/ Disc Harrow Help #8  
Add weight.
I use four weights about 120 lb each with my 7-ft offset disc behind my Mahindra 5525.

View attachment 516552

An offset disc (two axles in a V-configuration) is a primary tillage implement for use on unplowed ground.

A tandem disc (4 axles in an X-configuration) is a secondary tillage implement for use on plowed ground to break up the clods.

Good luck

his 3616 wont have the weight to the ground like that 25series to pull an offset... like the rig though :thumbsup:

/ Disc Harrow Help #9  
Add weight.

View attachment 516552

Good luck

I found that out after I bought my 3 bottom Ford 101 turning plow.Ford Plow Pretty.jpg I didn't need it with my 3,000 pound 9 foot offset Amco disc.4-6-13 Luke and Disc in Dirt.jpg

What brand is your disc? I have been looking for 7-12 foot offset discs to clean up and resell.
hugs, Brandi