I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #1  

aerojunkie

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Well I just discovered that I have a couple cylinders that may need to be rebuilt. Had the forks on my tractor with no weight on them about a foot off the ground after unloading them and when I came back the front edge was almost on the ground. I thought I should test it to see if I was just imagining things so I started the tractor and leveled the forks 16" off my concrete floor in the shop and 30 mins later the tip of the forks had dropped just over 6". So I started the tractor and held my tape to the tip of the forks just for a reference and you can actually see them slowly go down. Needless to say my dealer is getting a warranty call in the morning.

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #2  
What model is you machine?

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor
Its a 2538hst no cab

Ive had It less than 3 months. Dealer has been pretty good on things so I hope he can get this straightened out.

Quick update......I pulled out the load checks in the loader valve and found a decent size sliver of metal in one of them about 3/4" long and about the size of sewing thread. Put everything back together and it helped a lot but it still slowly drops. After today I have had enough of the heat so tomorrow going to check some measurements again and see what happens before I call the dealer. Going to measure the actual cylinder extension to measure the movement instead of reference points from the loader to the ground, just trying to be as accurate as I can. What is an acceptable level of drift for a cylinder? I dont really expect 100% no movement at all but I dont know what to expect since this is my first tractor with a loader.

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #7  
Your update adds to the affirmation that "drooping" loads are not the fault of the cylinders, but rather the fault of valves etc.

That is a difficult notion to accept, but it is also most often the case.

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #8  
Acceptable slip with engine running keeping the cylinders pressured should be almost unmeasurable over an hour or probably more in my opinion. Especially on a new machine.

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #9  
Your update adds to the affirmation that "drooping" loads are not the fault of the cylinders, but rather the fault of valves etc.

That is a difficult notion to accept, but it is also most often the case.

... unless fluid is escaping the system (like onto the ground). :thumbsup::drink:

/ I may have discovered my curl issues on my tractor #10  
My 12 old L39 with +2,000 hours of hard use, with a few leaky hoses and slightly weeping valves will leak down slower than areojunkies's 2538. I hope he can get it fixed, as the leakdown does not get better with age. I don't think the leak down has much to do with the curl problem.