2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE #1  

mikeman1

Silver Member
Tractor
mahindra 2555 hst
well, am getting close to 50 hours. Ordered filter pack from Reubicon tractors, hope they are decent filters. I am very happy with the tractor. Got the EA grapple single lid and wr long 3rd function. nice. The only knock i could think of is I wish the rollbar would fold in the middle instead of at the bottom. So glad i used paint pen to mark all bolts that are structural in nature. backhoe took a little getting used to. seemed weak at dipper but always got full buckets after getting used to it and using the float feature.

I am planning to add 20 inch led light bar facing forward on rollbar and a couple of round ones facing rear all on magnets. thanks to others for ideas.

I am going to change all filters and fluids (Except radiator fluid), Is there any kind of other filter/screen that should be cleaned? I kind of remember somewhere over the past year i was reading there is some kind of screen that should be cleaned while changing the hydro oil? maybe for a different model? anyway, thought i would ask if any other 2555 guys have other recommendations.

thanks all.

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE #2  
Everyone mentions a screen; I've yet to find it for my 2540 Shuttle! I'm sure it's one of the zillion plates on the transmission.
I'm at about 58 hours, have already changed the engine oil, will find that filter/screen and clean/replace it and change all of the "universal" fluid (gonna drain my BH, FEL, 3-point, and tree grabber cylinders, just this once!)

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE
well i was reading the service manual and came across something interesting. It mentions a suction filter and a line filter (both hydraulic i think) First i have heard if this. All the filters I have seen that can be purchased only mention one. I think the suction filter is the large canister filter which is the one i think typically can be purchased.

Has anyone else heard of this line filter? looks like it goes to just above the two hydraulic ports on the rear. i sure would like to replace it too. IMG_0862.JPG

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE #4  
I have not done my 50 hour on my 2555 HST yet, still stuck in the 40's since I usually use my 5035 TLB most of the time, and have been putting hours on my new 1526 to get it ready for fall wood fetching. But, a lot of tractors have a screen [ to catch the bigger stuff before being filtered in the main hyd filter ] right where the big sump line comes out of the casing and runs to the filter. When you dump all the fluid, it would not hurt to take the big line loose at the bottom and look. I'm surprised your manual does not mention a screen if there is one. I'd check mine, but I am inside for the night. But it would not hurt to poke around down there the first time and at least feel if their was anything in the bottom of the case that you don't want to leave in there. My 5035 has a screen and it was pretty clog'd up with gray sludge [ from the gear lap'n themselves in ] at 50 hours, but was real clean at the 200 change. Again, since you have the hyd fluid out, take some time and looksee....

I went thru the parts manual and didn't see a screen anywhere related to hydraulics, hst transmission, pto. I am going to do as you suggest and have a look around once the oil is drained. hopefully doing it next weekend. also ordered the line filter from the dealer.

Last edited:
I checked with the dealer and he said the 2555 doesn't have a screen like the 2538. The 2555 has the filter instead.

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE #7  
Cool, THANKS..!!!! :)

update to the 50 hour service:

I bought the filter pack from Reubicon tractors - all filters seem good, TYM, mahindra and Bosch for the fuel filter. I had to order the hydraulic line filter from my dealer. it is right next to the two rear ports. see pic in previous post. I only got the engine oil and trans/hydraulic oil changed this weekend.

Engine oil plugs are magnetic. there are two of them, 7/8 wrench if i remember correctly. very few metal filings on plug. filter was tight but not brutal tight. it does take less oil than they say in the operator manual, about 1 1/2 to 2 quarts less. even after running it to be sure filter would get filled up I still did not have to add any more. I wish oil companies would put some kind of dye in the oil so it is easier to see on dipstick.

Hydraulic/Hydro- plug is magnetic very few filings on it. also 7/8 wrench. funny thing is this plug they had pipe dope on it and no copper washer but for the engine oil plugs there was a copper washer and no pipe dope, so be sure to have pipe dope. the large filter next to the forward/reverse pedals was VERY TIGHT to get off. broke one wrench, no budging. let it run for 10 min then used strap wrench and then just started to get it to move and got it off. the other filter by the fuel tank was tight but not as tight as the large filter. Have a big bucket to handle all the fluid. I have the bottom 13 inches of a 55 gallon plasitc drum that i used. you could also use a sterilite/rubbermade container. Then i cut the top off a gallon milk jug and left the handle on it to scoop out the oil from the drum and put in other containers for recycling.

MIL light came on for awhile while I was using it yesterday, then went off and stayed off the remainder of the day. today it is back on but i also had it idling for a little while after changing the fluids today so the oils would fill up the filters.

One grease fitting on the front axle center pivot not taking grease, will have to take out the zerk next weekend and see what the story is with it.

manual has pic that there should be two zerks under each floor board but I could only find one under each floor board. oh well, may be a misprint. will have to look again.

Next weekend will change front axle oil.

/ 2555 HST 50 HOUR SERVICE #9  
THANKS.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

changed the front axle fluid today. took out center drain and there is a drain by each tire. all pipe plug fittings so you need pipe dope. another member mentioned he used a 1/2inch extension. the end you normally put a socket wrench into fits nicely over the plugs that are by each tire. Did not take as much fluid as the manual states. the MIL light went out after i had full throttle for awhile cutting brush and piling it.