Mahindra recall?

/ Mahindra recall? #1  

GrumpyJoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533 HST w/ FEL
Anyone get a letter concerning a recall for the 1500/2500? My letter says the problem is "CIB 16.021 Engine ECU (Computer) Update." To reprogram the ECU on all 1533/1538/2538/2540 tractors. The new dataset will: Increase the operating current of the EGR solenoid to reduce likehood of sticking. Improve cold start performance and reduce exhause smoke during engine warm up. Recalibrate the engine temperature gauge. I'm going to call my dealership tomorrow and see whats up. I don't have a trailer so we shall see how much this cost me for them to come and get it.

/ Mahindra recall? #2  
I have a 2538 and haven't received anything yet. I would be a little worried about taking it in since I don't have any issues with cold start or smoking.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra recall? #3  
I got a recall letter on my cab'd 2555 HST... something about not pressure warshing or pee'n on the cab connector when the tractor was left in gear... cuz it may cause the HST to take off on it's own..... They [ like most new computer controlled HST trans ] use low voltage to tell it to move.. and they said they will be coming out with some mod....

/ Mahindra recall? #4  
Anyone get a letter concerning a recall for the 1500/2500? My letter says the problem is "CIB 16.021 Engine ECU (Computer) Update." To reprogram the ECU on all 1533/1538/2538/2540 tractors. The new dataset will: Increase the operating current of the EGR solenoid to reduce likehood of sticking. Improve cold start performance and reduce exhause smoke during engine warm up. Recalibrate the engine temperature gauge. I'm going to call my dealership tomorrow and see whats up. I don't have a trailer so we shall see how much this cost me for them to come and get it.

Nope but when I got the tractor the temp gauge didn't register until the ECU was reflashed so I guess that was a common problem. Don't see how something that glaring ever left a factory. Clearly tractor QC programs, at least Mahindra's aren't what they are in the car industry. The car people are fanatical about testing stuff before it gets into production must less show up on a dealer's lot or sold to an end customer.

/ Mahindra recall? #5  
They have changed the ecu programming a few times since I have been watching this forum. When was your tractor purchased? She was the last time it was at the dealer? This may be an update folks who have purchased in the last year already have.

/ Mahindra recall? #6  
Having a 2540, I'll be watching the mail, though I've had no cold-start issues, and except for a fuel leak (which I fixed by tightening a fitting on the common rail) has had no problems with the engine. I don't really want to pay the $130 round-trip fee to go to the dealership, either (maybe I'll drive it there.)

/ Mahindra recall? #7  
Last ECU upgrade I had done the dealer came out to the property and connected a laptop up to it, flashed the ECU and was out of there in less than 15 minutes.

/ Mahindra recall? #8  
I have a 2540 purchase last year around this time .. 1 update when I did the 50 hour service. I have 159 hours and no problems .. I will keep and eye on the mail

/ Mahindra recall? #9  
Just had the 50 hour service performed on my 1500 hst. Had an engine fault shown on dash when dealer picked it up. He delivered it yesterday back to me and said he did a flash update on the ECU which now shows the engine temperature. As discussed in previous messages he said this update adjusted the EGR so engine would warm up quicker to burn off eshaust particles! Total cost on the 50 hr service was $610! ($326 parts/$284 labor)

/ Mahindra recall? #10  
Last ECU upgrade I had done the dealer came out to the property and connected a laptop up to it, flashed the ECU and was out of there in less than 15 minutes.

That's the way it should be done but but the stupid Mahindra rep wanted the dealer to haul it all the way to his shop, 50 miles away to do it. A truly idiotic attitude for such a simple thing.