Mahindra 3616 air in fuel

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #1  

glockky

Tractor
Mahindra 3616 Shuttle
Well I started out with my tractor quitting on me while going down the road. I noticed my fuel bowl was only half full. To make a long story short I has a pluggage and fuel was restricted going to filter.

I unplugged the line but not now I have another problem. Every day I get on my tractor run it for about 5-10 min and it quits.

There is a rubber hose that comes off the injection pump and it has air in it when I pull it off and turn the key on to pump fuel. Problem is after purging the tractor runs good but after sitting I'm back at square one.

My manual shows 3 bleeding points but I don't think my 3616 has the same style pump as my manual shows.

The book shows 2 bleeder bolts at the filter and another bolt on the injection pump that I can't find. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #2  
My 3016 says it requires no bleeding and I've proven that by changing the filter..... Change it and go. Are you sure you don't still have an up line blockage?

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel
I figured it out and I'll update in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

The screen on my fuel nozzle where you put diesel in got knocked down in the tank.

It had been like this for 6 months and no problem. Turns out it had finally made its way to the tank outlet.

Fuel was able to still get through but not enough volume. This starved the fuel pump upstream of the injection pump. When the pump got starved it pulled enough of a vacuum to allow air in around hose fittings.

I was able to take the console apart and remove the sending unit out of the fuel tank. This allowed me to fish the screen out of the tank with a wire.

Now I have no more problems. 450hrs of hard work on the 3616 and it's still going strong.

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #4  
Glockky, thanks so much for taking the time to describe your problem and how you fixed it. I have a 3616 Cabin and am experiencing the exact same problem. I am not looking forward to tearing into the console, but at least thanks to you I have a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks you so much.

Jim

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #5  
Glockky, thanks so much for taking the time to describe your problem and how you fixed it. I have a 3616 Cabin and am experiencing the exact same problem. I am not looking forward to tearing into the console, but at least thanks to you I have a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks you so much.

Jim
Okay second installment, I got into the fuel tank thru the fuel level/float sensor opening and found two wasps stuck in the fuel line, blew them out and cleaned the tank and so far so good. OH I did also did change the fuel filter. The fuel inlet filter was missing from my tractor so I am going to filter my fuel from now on, although I know this is probably carrying it too far but just to be safe. Again Glockky, thanks for your initial post.

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #6  
I also have a 3616. This weekend, I lost power and tractor would surge. Nursed it to the barn and found filter bowl fluctuating in level. Cleaned filter, and when I turned it back on, no fuel entered. So I removed the fuel line and no fuel came out. I used compressed air in the line back to the tank and it was plugged. Then it cleared and fuel came freely. So today I removed the bowl and found an entire earwig, and several bug parts. I cleaned the filter again and drained some diesel from the line, found it to be clean fuel. Hopefully I got the bugs out. Not sure how the bastards get past the cap and strainer screen.

/ Mahindra 3616 air in fuel #7  
Well I started out with my tractor quitting on me while going down the road. I noticed my fuel bowl was only half full. To make a long story short I has a pluggage and fuel was restricted going to filter.

I unplugged the line but not now I have another problem. Every day I get on my tractor run it for about 5-10 min and it quits.

There is a rubber hose that comes off the injection pump and it has air in it when I pull it off and turn the key on to pump fuel. Problem is after purging the tractor runs good but after sitting I'm back at square one.

My manual shows 3 bleeding points but I don't think my 3616 has the same style pump as my manual shows.

The book shows 2 bleeder bolts at the filter and another bolt on the injection pump that I can't find. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
Did anyone ever find this 3rd bleeder on the injector pump? I just replaced my fuel filter and can't find this bleeder.