Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #11  
RNeumann, thank you. That actually seems pretty simple. Now I just need to find the PB line off my loader valve. This leads me to this question: why would anyone go with a diverted instead of a full 3rd function? What about it makes it simpler and/or cheaper? I mean you would still have to plumb it and surely there's something that has to be hooked up to make it "divert" so why would anyone go that route?

The diverter plumbs in on the FEL. You use the supply and return that the curl cylinders use instead of adding your own.

Snap a photo of your loader valve and post it. It will be easy to spot by folks here.

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long
The diverter plumbs in on the FEL. You use the supply and return that the curl cylinders use instead of adding your own.

Snap a photo of your loader valve and post it. It will be easy to spot by folks here.

And then you have no curl? So you do like a quick disconnect and then reconnect to your grapple instead or something like that?

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #13  
No the diverter is electric so you don't have to do it manually.

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #14  
On my 2538 the power beyond was the taller port on top with the black fitting underneath it. I just finished up going through the very same thing you did, even started a few threads for things. Im not saying anything bad about any of the kits out there, they are great and I havent read of any problems with them. I just had a hard time spending that much for it. I spent just under $1000 for my grapple and 3rd function. Lot of research and the install took a little longer, but saved a good chunk of money.

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #15  
BTW my goal is to add a grapple. Also what's the best source pricewise for either kit? EA is local to me.

Here is photos of the different kits and a description-

Tractor Third Function Hydraulic Valves

And this is the one that we have been discussing-

Construction Attachments Dedicated Third Function Hydraulic Valve Kit, Less Hoses, Up To 14 GPM

And a diverter kit-

Fasse Rexroth Third Function Hydraulic Diverter Valve Kit Model EH2KL

I have no association with the company listed above.

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #16  
IMG_7901.JPG

Here is the picture of my loader valve. Based on what you guys have taught me I'd say the one closest to the 12 o'clock position is the power beyond. (Top most one) Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
IMG_2756.JPG

Does the long kit have a hard mount that goes on the front of the loader for the 3rd function hose connections like shown in this picture (random example)? Or, do the hose just hang with a zip tie or similar?

/ Adding a 3rd function to 2538. Mahindra or WR Long #20  
View attachment 521180

Does the long kit have a hard mount that goes on the front of the loader for the 3rd function hose connections like shown in this picture (random example)? Or, do the hose just hang with a zip tie or similar?

It's a little more to get it with the hard mount, but we can order it either way.
Ted likes them loose for flexibility so it will work with different attachments with various hose lengths, but some like them hard mounted.
Travis