2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #1  

bglz42

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5083E
Just brought my 2538 home last week. Downsized from Deere 5083E (got out of the hay biz!) So far I am way impressed with this tractor! Could not stand the lack of toolbox and drinkholder. So I fixed it. $4 toolbox from Walmart, used the two bolts on the fender and some HD doubleside tape to attach it. Works great and out of the way. The drinkholder is a JD part, I had used one previously on my 5045E. About 18 bucks on Amazon.

Attachments

• Drink holder.jpg
    Drink holder.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Toolbox1.jpg
    Toolbox1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Toolbox2.jpg
    Toolbox2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 848
   / 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #2  
RoboCup on Amazon is $17 and fits perfectly on the 2538 FEL on the "drivers" side. It has yet to fall off and also locks my phone in well.

IMG_6567.JPG

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #4  
Have your fender extensions / tail lights vibrated off yet? Both of mine have; I'll put something else on them.

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder
No, they have not. Thanks for the heads up, though. Sound like I need some locktight!

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #6  
No, they have not. Thanks for the heads up, though. Sound like I need some locktight!

Actually, the plastic cracked around the embedded brass inserts in fenders.

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #7  
RoboCup on Amazon is $17 and fits perfectly on the 2538 FEL on the "drivers" side. It has yet to fall off and also locks my phone in well.

View attachment 521578
I have wondered about having spot on machine for phone. I worry about vibration. Years ago I put a windup watch in a register drawer for a period of time . When I noticed it, I put in back on and tried to wind it up. Had to take to watch repair. Everything in watch Vibrated loose. Little screws loosened from jarring of drawer opening & closing. Based on that, I
am always careful about things on Vibrating equipment. Maybe no big deal. But, I have become attached my phone. It's now a tool that deserves protecting.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #8  
Is that a porsche beside your tractor??

/ 2538 Toolbox and Drinkholder #9  
Porsche? How about the TiKi bar? LOL