2538 snowpusher size

/ 2538 snowpusher size #1  

Neversosure

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I was wondering what you all think about snow pusher sizes for a 2538? I have an 8' box here I can use this winter or a quick attatch 7.5 Meyers snow plow. I seen on you tube a video of a 2538 cab model pushing a snow box.

Give me your thoughts please........

Matty

/ 2538 snowpusher size #2  
If its an 8' box like I am thinking for a skidloader, I'd say no.

Dont know if anyone makes smaller ones for compact tractors or not. But skidloader ones would be taxing the lift of the loader by itself, and you'd need alot of rear weight. let alone pushing into a pile and trying to stack.

I have seen 8' pushers on skidloaders with twice the weight and twice the lift capacity of your tractor struggle pushing a full box.

A 7.5 or 7' meyer snow plow.....alot better IMO

/ 2538 snowpusher size #3  
The fear with a box or blade that is too wide is that it will push the tractor around. If you have a free 8' box I see now harm with giving it a try- with one exception. If you rely on the machine daily I'd certainly have an appropriately sized box or blade available to borrow or purchase. I'd hate to see it not work and then find out the right tool is months away.

/ 2538 snowpusher size
The 8' box is here at work, hasn't been used in years, I will give it a trial test when the snow comes.

I do have the st-7.5 Meyers blade, I have a quick attach plate that I am going to mount the plow to. I am going to shorten the plow frame to bring the blade closer to the loader arms and still be able to angle it properly.

I figured I would get some input from you guys......

Here is the link to the Video I saw.....

[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwizkfvCla_WAhUH4CYKHU9MAaAQtwIIJjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0S J3NdgswdA&usg=AFQjCNHKvqaXtX5WItKlvduWCN9XKsGtSg[/video]

/ 2538 snowpusher size #5  
The plow on the FEL can be done two ways. One is a rigid frame and you use the FEL float. The other style floats the blade and typically uses the a chain to prevent the blade from flopping forward.
The first is for areas that stay frozen all winter and you leave a layer of snow/ice on the ground. The second is for areas where the ground doesn't freeze enough to prevent the plow blade from digging into the driveway etc.

I'd also forgo the big heavy rear chains and get a set of front chains. That setup has served me very well on my 1538 with blade. This is especially true since you are going to try and push an "oversized" box/blade.

/ 2538 snowpusher size
Im gonna go with the 7.5' plow blade, just have to research the hydraulics.

Thanks everyone!!

/ 2538 snowpusher size
We got some snow here in Southern NJ with the Nor'easter and I used the 8' snow box. It did ok.... surprisingly! I was able to push and move quite a bit of snow with it. The snow was light and fluffy and if it was a wet snow it would definitely not do the job. I also didn't like the weight of it on the FEL, it is a heavy box. I have not gotten around to fabricating the 7.5' Myers blade as of yet so I have to wait to compare the two.

/ 2538 snowpusher size #8  
I don’t have a blade that is that big but leaving a 3pt implement and or filling the rear tires may help. Front chains will help too.

/ 2538 snowpusher size
Here is a pic before the storm.

20180103_200508.jpg

/ 2538 snowpusher size
My rear tires are loaded and no chains w/ york rake on the back, the only issue I had was when the box was full, I had no steering! lol! But straight away..... it pushed in medium range.