5010 cruise control

/ 5010 cruise control #1  

ttuck

Tractor
Mahindra 5010 HST cab , 2012
My 2012 5010 hst has a weird issue with the cruise control. It will not engage until I have mowed for 1-2 hrs. Any suggestions on where to look. I have checked the switch but don't know what is controlled by the switch. I know it doesn't go to the throttle.

/ 5010 cruise control #2  
There is an HST Controller box under the hood. Have you tried it without having the pto on?

/ 5010 cruise control
I haven't tried it without the PTO engaged. I will try that this weekend. I does work as it should but only after an hr. or two of operation. Is there some type of dead man switch on the trans or pedals that may need to be cleaned or lubricated. Where is the control box located? Cruise is very nice when shredding pastures and make mowing much easier. Anyone else out there with a 5010 HST Cab. Mine has 400hrs now and I still love it. The only issue other than the cruise is a small trans leak at the rear of the unit. I will fix that when I do the 550hr service.

/ 5010 cruise control #4  
Is it leaking at the PTO seal?

Any other leak id get done if its still under warranty...

The 5010 uses potentiometers (if I spelled that right) on each pedal to send a signal to the control box... but I doubt its there since it works fine while your operating without cruise

/ 5010 cruise control #5  
Id check the button itself and follow the wires were you can to see if you fine corrosion or something

/ 5010 cruise control
Ran the wires down as best as I could. Checked connections at switch and it looks ok there. Also it works after running for a while. Thinking it has to be some kind of dead man or cut off switch somewhere. No easy transport on the Trans leak. 105 miles to dealer and I don't have a trailer heavy enough to haul it. Should be easy fix when the fluid has been drained.

/ 5010 cruise control #7  
I would unplug all the on the cruise from the button to the box you can find.. may just be getting a bad connection...I would imagine at the control box if anywhere.

/ 5010 cruise control #8  
Oh if its the PTO seal and you have a steep enough hill you can park the tractor with its rear up in the air and change the seal without loosing much fluid at all

/ 5010 cruise control #9  
Oh if its the PTO seal and you have a steep enough hill you can park the tractor with its rear up in the air and change the seal without loosing much fluid at all

Thanks! I have to do that to our 5010 this week.
I was going to jack it up though.