Backhoe Mahindra owners. Little help here please.

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #1  

Gasifier

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 310J, Kubota L4310
Wondering if any Mahindra owners could offer up suggestions on contacting Mahindra representatives and getting problems resolved.

I was really excited about my Mahindra when I got it. My 3550 can do some serious work, when it's working. The combination of power and the hydrostatic transmission with side by side pedals makes for quick loader work.

However, I have had many hydraulic leaks and several other more serious issues. To the point that several times in my first ten months I have not had my tractor.

Here is a list of problems, the ones I can remember.

1. Hydraulic leaks. Many. This hydraulic fluid
ends up on my property. And continues to.

2. Steering problems. Bolts had fallen
completely out of the steering mechanism
where it connects to frame of tractor. I was
told best not to drive it. (Ya think?) And they
needed to take it. More time I couldn't do
anything.

3. Power lead problems to battery. Severe
corrosion. More loss time when it won't start.

4. "Bogging down" loss of hydraulic power,
preventing me from doing anything further.

5. Transmission problem. Complete loss of low
gear. Tractor will not go into gear.

260 hours on tractor. Got it in February, 2017.

They have my tractor now and have had it for six days. It's apart in their shop to fix transmission problem and hydraulic bogging down issue.

They have one mechanic that works on all the tractors they have sold. According to him they have sold well over 100. And he is sometimes overwhelmed.

Anyway. I don't have a problem with my dealer. They have fixed everything so far with no charges. I have a problem with my tractor. I can't get things done when I don't have it. The warranty does me no good when I don't have it.

I bought new so I didn't have to worry about problems for a good long while.

This is a Mahindra problem. Can anyone tell me who to contact in my area? And/or offer up suggestions on what to do about what appears to be a bad tractor.

I appreciate your time.

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #2  
The way Mahindra operates is much like a car company. It would be near impossible to call up Toyota to discuss a transmission issue- they would refer you back to the dealer.
The difference is, with your car you have multiple options for repair and several companies make the common parts. Until Mahindra unlocks the real shop manuals (their's an app for the iPad) and or a local shop agrees to work on it you are stuck with the dealer. They are your mechanic and go between to Mahindra. Having said that, I have heard of folks who have leaned on the dealer enough that the Mahindra regional rep met with the owner and dealer to discuss a particular machine and or issue.
That's what I've seen so far.....good luck!

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please.
The way Mahindra operates is much like a car company. It would be near impossible to call up Toyota to discuss a transmission issue- they would refer you back to the dealer.
The difference is, with your car you have multiple options for repair and several companies make the common parts. Until Mahindra unlocks the real shop manuals (their's an app for the iPad) and or a local shop agrees to work on it you are stuck with the dealer. They are your mechanic and go between to Mahindra. Having said that, I have heard of folks who have leaned on the dealer enough that the Mahindra regional rep met with the owner and dealer to discuss a particular machine and or issue.
That's what I've seen so far.....good luck!

I already calmly discussed with him that it was important to me to remain his customer. I like the service they give me on my other things I've bought from him. I told him I don't have any problems with the other equipment he has sold me. Just need preventative maintenance done.

But this Mahindra tractor is giving me all kinds of problems and keeping me from getting my projects done when I want to work with my tractor.

I asked him to buy it back from me with loader and backhoe. Told him I would keep implements. No problems with them. (They are made by Paldyne.) He said he can't buy my tractor back. They will fix it. That's what the warranty is for.

I said what good does the warranty do me if I don't have my tractor to work with? They have had it several times in 10 months. 260 hours now. Frustrated!

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #4  
What are you doing with it to put 260 hours in 10 months? Custom work?

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #5  
I'll put on a flame jacket for this.... But here goes.

Go on this forum, any other forum, Google search for broken tractor... and you will start to notice a pattern. Mahindra.

I am totally NOT a tractor guy, I decided this summer that I want a tractor for my use, so I am not predisposed to any color, brand, name or otherwise. I live 8 miles or so from a Mahindra dealer and I really wanted to be able to buy a Mahindra. But the more time I spent on this forum and others, the more I searched, read, and watched Youtube... to more resounding the warning signs became to me. Do not buy a Mahindra. There are plenty of other options out there that simply do not have the consistent theme of electrical issues and hydraulic issues that I have seen. So as I started learning brands and models, early along the path I crossed Mahindra off of the list because I felt that buying a Mahindra was a crap-shoot. It would likely be a great unit, but the odds of getting a turd that I hate are significantly higher than buying just about ANY South Korean unit.

Trade/sell and buy a Massey, JD, Kioti, Kubota, LS.... all great tractors that your going to find that your hard pressed to find any reoccurring web presence of trouble/failures. Dump the Mahindra, go get a S.K. unit.

Okay. My flame jacket is on, so burn away at will. The truth hurts.

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #6  
i am pleased with my tractor. had an issue and taken care of under warranty no problems. i do not abuse it but i do use it. either you are beating the **** out of it or you have one of those anomalous lemons that can occur. i am most pleased in my mahindra and so glad i did not get a green or orange.

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #7  
for the amount of hours in that time frame.. id bet one of those options hold true ops

/ Mahindra owners. Little help here please. #8  
The dealer is not the one who would buy it back. That would be the manufacturer.

Review your states Lemon Law.
If your situation applies, get a lawyer that handles it and file a claim.

The manufacturer may be forced to buy it back.

Once you get out of that deal, you have decide if you will take another one from that manufacturer (which I guarantee they will try) or if you want another brand.

What are you doing with it to put 260 hours in 10 months? Custom work?

I am using it. That's why I buy a tractor. For heavy work. That is what they are built to do. I don't buy a tractor for it to be a barn queen. I don't keep my tractor all pretty.

I have 81 acres of land. I move brush with my Grapple. I dig stumps with my backhoe. I level dirt with my loader. Snow removal. Firewood moving. All things this tractor should be able to do.

I bought a L3710 Kubota (37HP) with over 1000 hours on it and used it for two years. Put about 400 hours on it or so. Doing the same stuff. Never had problems. Sold it for close to what I paid for it.

I bought a L35 TLB Kubota. Used it for almost two years. Same work. No problems. I wanted to go to a larger tractor with Ag tires. Should of stuck with Kubota. My bad.

Remember the Mahindra line, lift heavier loads........... ?

Here is a quote from the front page of the current website. And mine is a 2017.

"Our tough, dependable, and value-packed tractors have been sold and serviced by over 500 dealers throughout North America. Before it leaves our factory, we perform a 51-point, pre-delivery inspection, including dynamometer and road testing to ensure the highest quality standards. Some call it over the top; we call it dedication to our customers."

At less than 100 hours should the hydraulic stabilizer on the backhoe drop to the ground in less than a days time?

At less than 200 hours-Should the bolts have fallen out of the steering mechanism?

At less than 250 hours should I experience hydraulic power issues, bogging down.

At less than 260 hours - Should the transmission stop going into low gear?

Seven days without it so far. This time.

The dealer is not the one who would buy it back. That would be the manufacturer.

Review your states Lemon Law.
If your situation applies, get a lawyer that handles it and file a claim.

The manufacturer may be forced to buy it back.

Once you get out of that deal, you have decide if you will take another one from that manufacturer (which I guarantee they will try) or if you want another brand.

Thank you sir. And I will NOT accept another Mahindra.