Quick disconnect hydraulic coupler leaking when mated...

/ Quick disconnect hydraulic coupler leaking when mated... #11  
Well, I went to the TSC and they didn't have the poppet style that matched, so I just bought a new set (1/2" npt) for $22, and replaced both sides. Simple fix and it works. The male end now has a ball instead of a pin.

I have poppets and balls mixed on mine; they all seem to work properly, regardless of what is hooked to what.

/ Quick disconnect hydraulic coupler leaking when mated... #12  
TSC seems to have a cult following. After reading on this forum I actually made a special trip to visit the closest one. What a let down- I was unimpressed.
Next time try one of your local places. When I moved I was convinced their wouldn’t be anything around in my little area. After some time I found a little auto parts store, a truck repair shop and the tractor dealer all have a good supply.

Not really a "cult" thing; TSC just has more stuff related to, um, tractoring, than our local auto/truck parts or hardware stores; one stop shopping! It's rare that I go out for just one thing. And they ARE local to me–three of them withing 10 miles, and one is next door to a Rural King store!

/ Quick disconnect hydraulic coupler leaking when mated... #13  
Even when they're coupled together?

Usually only happens when they are coupled. That's the only time the oring is doing anything.

/ Quick disconnect hydraulic coupler leaking when mated... #14  
Well, I went to the TSC and they didn't have the poppet style that matched, so I just bought a new set (1/2" npt) for $22, and replaced both sides. Simple fix and it works. The male end now has a ball instead of a pin.

Not all TCS's are created equally in my mind... the nearest one to me is a little over 9 miles. There's another one 25 miles or so in the other direction. After too many disappointments due to meager stock, or just sloppy organization of things like lynch pins, link pins, etc, I drive the extra miles to the other store. World of difference between the two.