Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #1  

bbtank45

Tractor
2014 Mahindra 4025, 1940's Farmall A
Id like to be able to run some additional implements on my 4025, specifically ones that would require higher than the factory 11 gpm flow rate. Assuming Mahindra doesnt manufacture their own hydraulic pump, are you guys of aware of a swap that can be done to increase the flow? Running a log splitter (small cylinder) is slow!

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #2  
If it was me, I'd leave the tractor alone and get a pto pump/tank setup. The OEM Mahindra pumps would be hard to replace, and since they are usually gear driven, there is already enough stress on the stock gears for the pump sizing they put on at the factory. Plus, the new setup would not be tractor dependent and you could use it on various tractors in the future.

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #3  
If it was me, I'd leave the tractor alone and get a pto pump/tank setup. The OEM Mahindra pumps would be hard to replace, and since they are usually gear driven, there is already enough stress on the stock gears for the pump sizing they put on at the factory. Plus, the new setup would not be tractor dependent and you could use it on various tractors in the future.
+1
What he said.

PTO Pumps | Hydraulic Pumps | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #4  
Another problem with trying to up size the existing pump is what flow are all the down stream components sized for? I.e. filters, valves, oil cooler, etc.

Like others have said I would look for something external.

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #5  
Yep it’s a pto pump that you are after. Most of the high GPM implements were meant for skid steers which have much larger pumps. The pump sizing won’t be the big issue, nor will the mounting. It’s the heat that will wreck shop- plan on a big reservoir and some type of radiator to keep things cool.
This isn’t impossible but it isn’t very practical.

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #6  
If you buy anything that requires more hyd output than the tractor offers you can buy a roller pump that works off the pto which most manufactures offer with their implements or some will have self powered pumps with a gas engine. As far as your question no you will not be able to increase the flowrate

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #7  

Agree with JerryK

/ Additional Hydraulic Volume GPM #8  
You’ll need to buy a hydraulic power pack.