2555 Question

/ 2555 Question #1  

bluefin650

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650, JD 35D
My cigarette lighter is not working. I checked the fuse panel under the steering column quickly but didn't see a fuse labeled for that. Is it tied in with something else? Anyone know which fuse it is tied in with? Is there another fuse panel that I am missing? The manual is useless as usual.

2nd question, probably unrelated to the above problem. My blinkers work but the 4-way flashers don't. I asked the dealer and he thinks it is probably a bad connection at the switch. (FYI, I asked the dealer about this prior to finding out my cigarette lighter wasn't working) Is there any other possibilities to check?

/ 2555 Question #2  
You will need to figure out if it’s a ground or the power. My guess is the two are related- either a bad ground or water.

No clue on the fuses. Seems Mahindra/TYM uses the fuse block as an idea not as the place all fuses are located. You will need to hunt through the wiring harness- others have found fuses toward the battery/front of the engine.

/ 2555 Question #4  
The ' cigarette lighter ' is really just a power outlet, and using it with a cig lighter insert would probably make it heat up too hot. This could cause maybe some internal melting/other problems in the unit itself and not a fuse problem. It is pretty easy to pop the plastic rivets off the plastic cab piece that the wiper switches and this outlet are in to look behind to make sure it is just not a wire pulled off behind. I am not sure if this power outlet is powered from a fuse up at the front of the tractor, the main fuse box underneath the steering wheel, or what. But my info seems to say there is a four fuse box up top maybe near the heater controls, but I do not recall seeing it when I was up in there wiring my lighting mods on my tractor. I would check all the fuses up by the front, and physically check all the below dash fuses real good before I went to the problem of pop'n open the top. But first I would just check to make sure the actual power outlet is not faulty or unplugged... Very unsure where that 4 fuse box is, by the way....... Good luck, Jerry....

Last edited:
   / 2555 Question #5  
As far as your Flasher problem, the dealer is probably correct. The turns and flasher are both powered from the same fuse, and are interconnected electrically and it all comes together electrically/mechanically with the turn signal and flasher switch in a big fur ball around those switches..... [ use the same flasher unit ]....

Last edited:
   / 2555 Question #6  
where is the power outlet/cig lighter located? I have an Open station so maybe it isnt standard with it.

/ 2555 Question #7  
where is the power outlet/cig lighter located? I have an Open station so maybe it isnt standard with it.

As far as I know, the cab version of the 2555 is the only one that has the 12v power outlet. It is located on the right side of the cab right below the front/rear wiper controls... Sorry.... !!!!

/ 2555 Question #8  
oh well, i was hoping i may have missed some "hidden" feature. i did find a 12v wire with a quick connect on the end to the right of teh steering column under the lower part of the dash. Maybe that was for the cig lighter. thanks for replying.

/ 2555 Question #9  
Your pressure switch is bad for the hazard... just need to change the push button switch asmbly...

With the lighter you either got a grounded wire from the power source to the outlet or the spring load is bad on the handheld part... grab one out of your truck and see if it will work

/ 2555 Question
The outlet is dead, I was trying to charge my phone. Thats how I found out.

I just need some warmer weather and the use of my right arm to trouble shoot it.