1533 Bolt Sizes

/ 1533 Bolt Sizes #1  

aledobud

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533HST
I need to do my 10 hour break-in bolt tightening and need to know the size of the front and rear wheel bolts and bottom bracket bolts. The only ones the manual mentions is the front frame bolts at M14. I don't live where the tractor does and I always seem to need a size I don't have or can't find.

Thanks in advance.

/ 1533 Bolt Sizes #2  
You will need a full set of metric sockets and combination wrenches up to 22mm.
Be sure and check the final drive bolts. The dealers have been known to leave those at the wrong torque.
I’ve never retorqued lug nuts on steel wheels so I don’t know that size.

/ 1533 Bolt Sizes #3  
What ever you intend to do, get a piece of pipe. The bolts are so tight on my 4540 it is almost impossible to get them loose. The lug nuts on the rear wheels were so tight that I had a 2 foot long 3/4 inch drive breaker bar and a 3 foot piece of pipe and my feet still came off the ground. It might be a good idea to only use 6 point sockets as well.

/ 1533 Bolt Sizes #4  
What ever you intend to do, get a piece of pipe. The bolts are so tight on my 4540 it is almost impossible to get them loose. The lug nuts on the rear wheels were so tight that I had a 2 foot long 3/4 inch drive breaker bar and a 3 foot piece of pipe and my feet still came off the ground. It might be a good idea to only use 6 point sockets as well.

To get them off a good impact wrench makes all the difference. If you don't have shop air and electric impact is somewhat cheap and well worth the few bucks it will cost. Harbor Freight will do for the occasional user.