Mahindra FEL Joystick

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #1  

kgoeke

Tractor
Mahindra 5035
Has anyone else had an issue with the joystick on ML130 loader? Over the weekend, my forward tilt broke and upon investigating, the joystick is connected to a plastic rod inside the joystick housing that connects to the cable that goes to the valve. The top of the plastic rod snapped off. After talking to my local dealer, there are no repair parts offered for these - you have to buy the entire joystick assembly for $475. I am pretty sure this is a KMW loader, but what a poor design and it really reflects bad on Mahindra.

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #2  
If you are interested give me a call, we shoud be able to save you some money on the joystick assembly that you were quoted. 203-393-0642

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #3  
Has anyone else had an issue with the joystick on ML130 loader? Over the weekend, my forward tilt broke and upon investigating, the joystick is connected to a plastic rod inside the joystick housing that connects to the cable that goes to the valve. The top of the plastic rod snapped off. After talking to my local dealer, there are no repair parts offered for these - you have to buy the entire joystick assembly for $475. I am pretty sure this is a KMW loader, but what a poor design and it really reflects bad on Mahindra.
Why should it reflect bad on Mahindra? Other brands use the same design you have.

I am glad my ML275 loader uses all metal rod ends. But they have been known to break also. Over 10 years I have replaced 2 of them. I am lucky cause my dealer keeps them in stock.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick
It reflects bad because Mahindra will not sell the small plastic part. If you want to make something out of cheap materials, at least make it so the cheap part can be replaced. As is, you have to buy the entire joystick - $475 (plus 3 hrs labor to replace) all because a $5 plastic part failed. I am glad your ML275 loader has metal rods and they can be replaced if they fail.

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #5  
It reflects bad because Mahindra will not sell the small plastic part. If you want to make something out of cheap materials, at least make it so the cheap part can be replaced. As is, you have to buy the entire joystick - $475 (plus 3 hrs labor to replace) all because a $5 plastic part failed. I am glad your ML275 loader has metal rods and they can be replaced if they fail.

You do understand that Mahindra doesn't make your loader, right? And because they don't, they can't sell you parts produced by another company, right?:sarcastic:

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick
Yes I understand the loader is made by KMW. They can sell replacement parts made by someone else though. They do not make the joystick, but you can buy that. Mahindra is in a position as a very large customer of KMW that they can influence design of the products. If they wanted the joystick to be repairable, they could specify that. They don't because it is more profitable to force the end user to purchase the whole assemby. There are cases of this with every tractor manufacture. I am just pointing out the fact that it sucks. I still love my Mahindra but it will make me think twice in the future.

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #7  
I have an Ansung loader. Can't buy parts from Mahindra or Ansung for the valve itself. The valve is a stock Besko valve. Can't buy parts from Besko, either. If mine dies, I'll replace it with a Brand or Prince. Cheaper, better, parts are available, and it'll take about 45min to replace.

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #8  
You do understand that Mahindra doesn't make your loader, right? And because they don't, they can't sell you parts produced by another company, right?:sarcastic:
Not true.

Yes I understand the loader is made by KMW. They can sell replacement parts made by someone else though. They do not make the joystick, but you can buy that. Mahindra is in a position as a very large customer of KMW that they can influence design of the products. If they wanted the joystick to be repairable, they could specify that. They don't because it is more profitable to force the end user to purchase the whole assemby. There are cases of this with every tractor manufacture. I am just pointing out the fact that it sucks. I still love my Mahindra but it will make me think twice in the future.
I broke a plastic piece on the rod for one of the levers on my KMW 3710 back hoe. My Mahindra dealer had 5 replacement pieces in stock. It was $45.00, gold plated, too.

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick #9  
Why doesn't it reflect bad on who made the loader? Why doesn't it reflect bad on a buyer not doing due diligence in researching what to buy. Maybe Mahindra could pressure a vendor to make something replaceable with parts, but I am sure KMW doesn't make the valve assembly. So blame KMW for not forcing the valve company to make replacement parts?
Brandi

/ Mahindra FEL Joystick
Oh my Brandi. Can we just agree to disagree.