This doesn't seem right.....

/ This doesn't seem right..... #1  

brenstar

Tractor
mahindra 2545 shuttle
This is what I see after I drained the hydraulic oil at my 50 hour service on my 2545 shuttle. This picture is underneath the tractor lookin at the hydraulic drain hole with the drain plug removed.

IMG_2095.jpg

Needless to say, the tractor is back at the dealership.

/ This doesn't seem right..... #2  
Maybe not needless to say. What are we looking at?

/ This doesn't seem right..... #3  
The threads sticking out of the drain hole is what it looks like to me

Brett

/ This doesn't seem right..... #4  
Looks like someone dropped a bolt in the case during the build.

/ This doesn't seem right.....
Yes, there is a pretty large bolt hanging out of the drain hole. I could not see up there, but there was something on the bolt as well.....something larger than a washer.

I just loaded her up on the trailer and took it to the dealer. I showed them the picture and they were plenty suprised as well.

/ This doesn't seem right..... #6  
Yes, there is a pretty large bolt hanging out of the drain hole. I could not see up there, but there was something on the bolt as well.....something larger than a washer.

I just loaded her up on the trailer and took it to the dealer. I showed them the picture and they were plenty suprised as well.

Wow, that is incredible that it didn't jam up something. I don't know what all is in there and it probably just rattled on the bottom but something must be on the verge of a catastrophic failure. Good thing you found it when you did. Hopefully it hasn't caused any major damage inside. Good luck bud.

/ This doesn't seem right..... #7  
You will probably get a bill from Mahindra USA for the extra bolt included with your tractor purchase..... [[[ :) ]]] In the big scheme of things, although not a good find, it probably could be lots worse of a find... Have your dealer look at it...

/ This doesn't seem right..... #8  
A long retractable grabber slid down the fill tube may be able to grasp it or turn it upside down and shake. That's horrible luck that its in there or really great luck that it never got into the gears.

/ This doesn't seem right..... #9  
Not sure how Mahindra does it, but is there a filter inside the rear housing that you access from near the PTO? This may allow you to look inside with oil drained.

/ This doesn't seem right..... #10  
No problem, just a connecting rod bolt. Keep the rpm's under 1200 and you'll be fine. :eek: