$1.49 Seat Fix

/ $1.49 Seat Fix #1  

dduff

Tractor
Mahindra 6000 with FEL, Ford 8N, Ford Golden Jubilee
I have had a problem with the seat on my 6000 bottoming out hard since day one. I have discovered a $1.49 fix. As some of us are big boys the seat adjustment even at its highest level has a tendency to bottom out if you run over objects like leaves or grains of sand. Seriously, it was big problem for me. I looked the seat over to determine what I could do if anything. While I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a “Fun Noodle”. It is the long closed cell foam item sold as pool toys and flotation devises. The one I got is about four inches in diameter and solid with no hole down the center. I cut one piece about twelve or fourteen inches long doubled it over on its self and force-fed it between the seat and the metal pan under the seat. And just to make sure I cut another piece about eight inches long and inserted it vertically between the seat and pan just forward of the other piece. I gave it a test drive and was pleasantly surprised to find that the bottoming condition had been alleviated. It’s going to get a real workout this week during the haying of the rest of my fields.

/ $1.49 Seat Fix #2  
I've got some really rough areas and have found the same thing when I hit those on my tractor. I'd love a solution to that filling jarring feeling, too. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My seat tilts completely forward and had a safety feature which kills the engine if there is no weight on the seat and the PTO is engaged. As soon as you lift up off the seat, the engine cuts off. Does yours have anything similar and does this interfere with or affect that? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ $1.49 Seat Fix
The seat on my tractor does not tilt. I think for this fix to work on yours you would have to disable the weight on switch for your seat. Sorry.