anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel?

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #11  
For sure, I got to the 3.2 oz per five gallons of fuel by the only figures listed on the bottle. The entire 80 oz bottle will treat 125 gallons of diesel at temps of zero or colder. It works out to be 3.2 fluid oz of PS per 5 gallons of diesel fuel.

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #12  
The proportion that I use for a "single load" = 1.6 ounces = .2 cup = 3.2 tablespoon = 9.6 teaspoons = 47 ml.

Don't ask :rolleyes:

I am currently using a "double load" = 3.2 ounces

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #13  
Sounds like you must be "buggering up" all your wife's measuring spoons/cups. Ha,ha

After I do all the "higher math" to figure how much per five gallons - I make certain to write it on the side of the PS jug with permanent felt tip pen.

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #14  
Wifey does not like me "buggering up" the kitchen utensils........ That really does not stop me.

I've "learned" to use "clean" water which makes my life less "complicated"

I ended up using a 10ml cough syrup dosing cup. Put <50ml of water in a small jar and marked the level = a primitive graduated beaker for the additive.

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #15  
Howes was recommended to me by a heavy construction equipment O/O. It surprises me that PowerService does not also have a recommended additive amount for different temperatures on the bottle or website that I have found. Somewhere I read that adding more additive than recommended would not harm the engine. I believe that applied to only PowerService White bottle; maybe the grey/silver bottle as well.

Not sure about smaller bottles but the 80 oz. bottles of PS I buy do recommend different doses for weather below 0 F. Pretty much double the amount.

Attachments

• PS temp2.jpg
    PS temp2.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 99
   / anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #16  
I'll admit, a few years ago I thought about changing from Howes back to Power Service. There I stood in the store, a bottle of PS in my left hand and a bottle of Howes in my right hand, comparing the directions. It didn't take long for me to realize I could read and understand the dose on the Howes bottle much easier AND without my glasses. Sold!

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #17  
Howes was the first company ever to offer a FREE Winter Tow Guarantee. Does it cover tractors :D

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel?
wow thanks everyone the dealer mechanic said it was a pain and costly for him to check the glow plugs when i had it serviced. soooo.... i did not.

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel? #19  
wow thanks everyone the dealer mechanic said it was a pain and costly for him to check the glow plugs when i had it serviced. soooo.... i did not.

So, your dealer says its a pain and costly to check glow plugs? I think your dealer should hire a better mechanic since that's a relatively easy job to do that should take less than an hour.

Did you get the Max 25 started? If so, what did you find was the problem.

/ anti gel - how much per 5-6 gals diesel?
warmer today and got it started. go figure.